Author Topic: Separatists claim responsibility for California Wildfires  (Read 8216 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Separatists claim responsibility for California Wildfires
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »
Scumbags.  Subhuman scumbags.

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/US/10/25/fire.mecha/index.html

ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California, confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
art.santiago.gi.jpg

Firefighter Luke Perisin sets a backfire Wednesday against the Santiago Fire in Live Oak Canyon, California.

California officials received a letter earlier today containing photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have been digitally distorted.

Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for the act of arson was that "Aztl?n belongs to indigenous people, the Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztl?n. We are sovereign and not subject to a foreign culture."

Orange County Fire Battalion Chief Kris Concepcion told CNN that the pattern of wildfires definitely indicates arson.

"The reason we think it is [arson] is because we found multiple points of origin," Concepcion said. "... Our investigators have confirmed that this is, in fact, arson."

Concepcion said evidence indicated the arsonists wanted the fire to grow rapidly.

A $70,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to the arrest of those responsible for setting the fire. No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown.

The state established a toll-free arson tip line at 800-540-7085. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said anyone convicted of arson would be dealt with harshly.

Concepcion said about 1,100 firefighters were working on controlling the blaze, which has destroyed at least 22 structures. The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection said the fire was only 30 percent contained Thursday morning after being 50 percent contained the day before.

Concepcion said onshore winds Thursday morning should help firefighters "get the upper hand on this thing." Video Watch the Santiago flames rage ?
"For someone to even think about doing something as reprehensible as starting a fire where they knew the fire would grow as rapidly as it would -- traveling about three, 3 ? miles in about an hour -- is just really absolutely unconscionable," he said

CAnnoneer

• friend
Re: Separatists claim responsibility for California Wildfires
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 01:27:28 PM »
Hahaha! Excellent! These guys would have been so much more dangerous if they remained largely unknown. But, being stupid, they want it all now and went into open terrorism, which will ultimately marginalize and criminalize them. Let's see if Bush and Rice put them on the list of terrorist organizations. The elites will quickly change their tune once their Malibu houses burn down. Haha!  grin

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »
A $70,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to the arrest of those responsible for setting the fire. No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown.
That part made me laugh.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »
Whether they were responsible for all, some or none of the fires - it was a big mistake. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 01:44:12 PM »
 angry Ch'rowling untermenchen petaQs!!!  angry

I'd suspected (though hoped I was wrong) that such would happen eventually.  Would that the State of California set a nice bounty on MEChA-ist ears.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
I think it's natural to read from a source that calls itself "head lie" news with a healthy amount of skepticism.  Double the skepticism when you realize that the site is intended to fake the look of CNN's page-I guess because they realize that CNN is probably taken more seriously than "head lie" news.

Notice that while they're specific with widely reported facts, the supposed evidence for MeCha being behind the fires is a letter "received by California officials."  

If I had to bet now, I'd bet that "head lie" news was true to its name and completely made this story up.  But I'll be waiting to see what credible information follows on this thead.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 01:50:03 PM »
I think it's natural to read from a source that calls itself "head lie" news with a healthy amount of skepticism.

ARRRGGHHH!!!  Thats what I get for posting when most of my mind is focused on making "free-ware" work with Microsoft products. 

: banghead :
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 01:51:31 PM »
ooo. Good catch shootinstudent.  I maybe have been had.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »

Happens to the best of us-and it's not like the basic story is completely unrealistic.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »
It's a fake article. This showed up elsewhere, same place, "headlie news".

No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown.

CNN would not write something like that. That sounds like something from Stormfront. Tongue

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 04:01:26 PM »
What a country...  rolleyes

laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »

The domain is registered to:

Bleachboy Heavy Manufacturing
 701 Arbor Creek Way
 Nashville, TN 37217-5053
 US
 (615) 260-4931

The owner of the server is Don Moore at bboy@bboy.net.  The name and email have been verified.

Owner is running Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.1 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e.  DNS is handled through DirectNIC.  Also running myDNS (on SQL) and BbBoard software on the same server.  Owner is actually a decent programmer too.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »
angry Ch'rowling untermenchen petaQs!!!  angry

tlhIngan maH!
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!!
nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
Was that an attempt at Firefly Mandarin profanity...?

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 07:41:37 PM »

Nah. It is just Klingoni.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 08:06:04 PM »
Wuh duh ma huh tah duh fong kwong duh wai shung.
Dong ma?
Itadakimasu!
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »
Whether they were responsible for all, some or none of the fires - it was a big mistake. 

Oh, the mistake was mine.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 06:34:44 AM »
So when do we invade Mexico Huh?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:04 AM »
So when do we invade Mexico Huh?
Mexico??? You mean South Cali.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 07:45:58 AM »
The site is down now. CNN's assault lawyers must have dropped by.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 08:23:02 AM »
Mexico??? You mean South Cali.

Not much of a difference...
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »
Doing a google on the name of the guy who put it up, MechA and La Raza and such did notice, and were disseminating his name.

While they may not have done this, and while it was a racist bad joke, MechA is still quite nearly a terrorist organization, and that guy who put up the article was stupid. That's a good way to end up with a Columbian necktie or the like.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 08:49:22 AM »
Disinformation just confuses the issues.  It's counter-productive.  It trivializes the real problems and gives the unconvinced the idea that nothing's wrong.

Plenty is wrong.

We are at war with Mexico.  And from what I can see Mexico is winning.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 08:56:55 AM »
Doing a google on the name of the guy who put it up, MechA and La Raza and the like did notice, and were disseminating his name.

While they may not have done this, and while it was a racist bad joke, MechA is still quite nearly a terrorist organization, and that guy who put up the article was stupid. That's a good way to end up with a Columbian necktie or the like.

What name did you Google? I couldn't find anything saying MechA and La Raza were disseminating anyone's name.

As far as I could find, the Fire Chief and the fire fighter mentioned are real and mentioned only otherwise listed in legitimate news stories. This Don Moore (a very common name) comes up in just about everything except in relation to terrorist Mexican organizations.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »
What name did you Google?

The "Bleachboy Heavy Industries" that put it up.