Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 42093 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1350 on: Today at 09:05:51 AM »
They're cold and hot at the same time? 

Well the protesters have been 80-90% women, the other 10-20% think they're women.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #1351 on: Today at 10:57:12 AM »
As Israel continues to drop leaflets, send warnings, and delay attacks to give "civilians" a chance to get to a safe zone. In quotes, because I truly wonder just how many of them are "innocent civilians". While I'm sure many have no choice, it also seems many "civilians" happily work as Hamas shields.

The Gaza strip is composed of a population with which even the surrounding countries, who are culturally similar, want nothing to do with.

When a populace supports the violent actions of its government, the populace is every bit a fair target in warfare.

This goes equally for Gaza in this conflict, German cities in WWII, and the US today.

This is a lesson that democracies struggle to learn, though.  The US didn't apply it in A-stan or Iraq.  Looks like Israel understands it, but is air dropping leaflets as diplomatic cover (no one in Gaza has anywhere to flee).  I guarantee that the muslims grok, which is why they prefer to attack soft civilian targets rather than military ones.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1352 on: Today at 02:29:52 PM »
. . . I truly wonder just how many of them are "innocent civilians". . .
Since Hamas couldn't exist and continue to operate without support of the majority of the population, I'd say the only group comprised largely of "innocent civilians" are the children being used as human shields by adults - including their parents.

The only thing I'm not certain about is exactly where to draw the age limit - maybe early teens?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #1353 on: Today at 03:29:44 PM »
Since Hamas couldn't exist and continue to operate without support of the majority of the population, I'd say the only group comprised largely of "innocent civilians" are the children being used as human shields by adults - including their parents.

The only thing I'm not certain about is exactly where to draw the age limit - maybe early teens?
https://youtu.be/-NTo5NG6C8M?si=LWGv8vh8zD-z0lON
Formerly sumpnz