Author Topic: Babylon Bee Question  (Read 929 times)

Pb

• friend
Babylon Bee Question
« on: November 23, 2019, 11:01:17 AM »
OK, I was looking at this Babylon Bee article:

https://babylonbee.com/news/breaking-white-house-involved-in-stunning-plot-of-murder-and-bribery-update-never-mind-it-was-during-the-obama-administration-deleting

Is this a reference to some actual Obama scandal or is it made up out of whole cloth?  I don't watch the news?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Babylon Bee Question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 12:14:11 PM »
Probably just a tip of the hat to the most unflattering "conspiracy theories" out there about Obama and Hillary.

Bidens bribe, Seth Rich being murdered etc.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »
https://www.theblaze.com/news/afp-deletes-story-after-mistaking-obama-for-trump

Not unexpected. If it doesn't fit the narrative, lie, cheat, misdirect, misquote, obfuscate, conceal, or delete. If it doesn't fit the narrative, it's not news.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 09:38:29 PM »
Not unexpected. If it doesn't fit the narrative, lie, cheat, misdirect, misquote, obfuscate, conceal, or delete. If it doesn't fit the narrative, it's not news.

The surprising part is not that they disappeared the story, but that they admitted they were. It drew a lot more attention to their double standard, to the fact they only care about migrant children if they're politically useful, and to the fact that "caging" children is not unique to Trump's administration.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 02:30:53 AM »

Well said. Better than mine:

"Use any lie, outrageous promise, or slanderous accusation to get elected.  The end justifies the means, after all."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.