Author Topic: The Supreme Court refuses to hear 7 more Second Amendment cases  (Read 1088 times)

Pb

• friend
We will get absolutely nothing more from the Supreme without replacing one more of the current slimy Justices.... including Roberts.   :mad:

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/06/15/breaking-scotus-denies-cert-in-all-pending-2a-cases/?fbclid=IwAR12XIFEtqb449vrJBlkUu0lkS_UEkXtWW5PjDS0JyKB_uIrnp56nE2RtJ4

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: The Supreme Court refuses to hear 7 more Second Amendment cases
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 03:19:25 PM »
More concerned about their deliberate silence and avoidance of the Qualified Immunity cases that were presented to them.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 02:06:15 AM »
More concerned about their deliberate silence and avoidance of the Qualified Immunity cases that were presented to them.

Yes.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 07:11:35 AM »
The swamp is showing us who is boss.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 11:45:02 AM »

Can you please explain?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
A slew of cases where police have harmed people wrongly, and cannot be held liable or prosecuted for it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-qualified-immunity-police-officers-rejects-cases/

One of the cases the Supreme Court declined to review involved a Georgia police officer who shot a 10-year-old boy in the leg during pursuit of an unarmed suspect. The boy and five other children were playing outside when officers ordered them to lie on the ground as they pursued the suspect into their yard. One of the officers, Michael Vickers, fired twice at the family's pet dog, which was also in the yard, missing both times. But the second time he shot at the dog, he hit the young boy in the back of the knee. The boy's mom, Amy Corbitt, sued, and Vickers asserted qualified immunity.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with Vickers, ruling he is entitled to qualified immunity.

Another legal battle involved Shaniz West, an Idaho woman who sued after police fired tear-gas grenades into her house during a search for her ex-boyfriend, who they believed was inside. But West had given police permission to enter her home and handed officers the keys to get inside.

A divided panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled the officers were entitled to qualified immunity.

And of course there's this one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-georgia-deputy-acquitted-after-flash-bang-grenade-hurts-toddler-n479361

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 07:10:31 AM »
Just read a take on them passing on these cases.

The justices who support the 2nd scuttled hearing them because they don't trust Roberts.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 10:14:01 AM »
The justices who support the 2nd scuttled hearing them because they don't trust Roberts.

I'd really like to know how many of there are....

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 10:17:26 AM »
I get that they don't like the 2nd Amendment and so they won't defend it.  What I don't get is the letting the lower courts thumb their noses at the Heller and McDonald decisions.  USSC might not have a very high opinion of the Constitution, but they do have a high opinion of themselves  - they call it stare decisis.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 01:14:29 AM »
Just read a take on them passing on these cases.

The Federalist?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife