Author Topic: And the NSA Hits just Keep on Comin'  (Read 1054 times)

Waitone

• friend
And the NSA Hits just Keep on Comin'
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:07:57 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-03/are-you-targeted-nsa

Here's something newish on Games of the Praetorian Class, XKeyscore.  The nut:
Meet XKeyscore - "a computer network exploitation system", as described in an NSA presentation, devoted to gathering "nearly everything a user does on the internet." The German site Das Erste has exposed the shocking truth about the rules used by the NSA to decide who is a "target" for surveillance. While the NSA claims to only "target" a small fraction of internet users, the perhaps unsurprising truth is very different. As Boing Boing concludes, one expert suggested that the NSA's intention here was to separate the sheep from the goats -- to split the entire population of the Internet into "people who have the technical know-how to be private" and "people who don't" and then capture all the communications from the first group.
So google up "tor " and the swagger stick flips left.  Google up "tor" and the swagger stick flips right. 

These guys really are paranoid over internet anonymous communications.  Also says t*il and t*r do a better job than the Praetorian class puts out in the media.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: And the NSA Hits just Keep on Comin'
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 08:39:27 AM »
I figure Chrome's incognito mode protects me  from the wife, not a certain uncle.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »
I can't remember where now, but yesterday I read an article that the Obama appointed commission to investigate NSA activity concluded that all the Internet spying is okie dokie. The same article said that they did wag their finger about the phone taps, but I'm betting that's only because of the Merkel debacle.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
And then there's this: http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6576b0c2-0138-11e4-a938-00144feab7de.html#axzz36Ve3gywK

What a surprise -- Facebook is manipulating us and spying on us. Well, not really "us," since I don't have a Facebook account and thus I am not one of their "research" subjects. This simply reinforces my determination not to join the book of face.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »
And then there's this: http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6576b0c2-0138-11e4-a938-00144feab7de.html#axzz36Ve3gywK

What a surprise -- Facebook is manipulating us and spying on us. Well, not really "us," since I don't have a Facebook account and thus I am not one of their "research" subjects. This simply reinforces my determination not to join the book of face.
Well of course.  Why else is that a billion dollar company or whatever it is.  It isn't because of advertising.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon