Author Topic: No, THIS is clueless  (Read 7751 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Re: No, THIS is clueless
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 06:35:51 AM »
I hate Indiana Nazi's.
ONLY the ones in Indiana?

Regardless of where, when you're talking Nazi . . . what's not to hate?

Two things.

One, in video games they are FUN to shoot.

Two, they hated communists.

That's a good point.

Without Nazi's the gaming world would be much sparser and less exciting.  We'd have, what?

Call of Inclination?

Castle "Some foreign guy who maybe did something bad, maybe?"

Medal of Adequacy?

grin

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 06:47:56 AM »
Here's the article.  I hope Tony misunderstood the questions.

http://www.jconline.com/rss

Three Republicans are vying in the May 6 primary for the chance to face U.S. Rep. Joe Donnelly, a Granger Democrat, in the November general election in Indiana's 2nd District.

The district includes much of north central Indiana, including Carroll County and parts of White County in the Lafayette area.

Here are the condensed versions of the candidates' answers to questions posed by the Journal & Courier. For their full responses, go to jconline.com/election.

Question: What separates you from the other candidates in this race?

Joe Donnelly, Democrat: Too often in Washington, real progress is blocked by partisan politics. Only by working together with both Republicans and Democrats will we get our country back on the right track. I was recently ranked the fifth-most independent Democrat in the House of Representatives, and I will continue to work with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to find common-sense solutions to the challenges facing north-central Indiana.

Luke Puckett, Republican: I am the only candidate in this race who is advocating for real solutions. My opponents talk about issues that either don't matter to many people or they talk about solutions that don't provide meaningful help to people. As a small businessman and employer, as a father and as a citizen, I'm going to advocate for lower taxes, more responsible spending, genuine energy independence and individual-oriented health care reform.

Joseph Roush, Republican: I tend to look out for the little guy. They tend to represent the rich people. My platform and Luke Puckett's are almost exactly opposite.

Tony Zirkle, Republican: I don't hear any real solutions being offered for social problems from them. My plan would be going after prostitution.

Q: What are the two most important issues in this election and what would you do about them?

Donnelly: The struggling economy continues to be a strain on working families and Hoosier businesses. I'll continue to work for a responsible and quick economic recovery. Also, we must signal to the Iraqi government that we cannot be there forever, and that they must get serious about achieving national reconciliation.

Puckett: There are three issues. First is the economy. I will push for policies that allow American companies to drill for American oil. Second is health care. I will urge Congress to increase the tax credits available to people who use personal Health Savings Accounts. Third is national security. Our men and women in uniform are doing an excellent job defending our country and we must provide them with the tools they need to get the job done.

Roush: The No. 1 is to get out of Iraq. All our troops are doing now is being target practice. We have to redo NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) to protect our jobs. You can't have free trade without fair competition. How can you compete with someone paying $1 and hour? You can't do it.

Zirkle: One is to clarify the definition of prostitution for prosecutors and judges so all forms of sex for money is treated as prostitution. Two would be to remove copyright protections for murder capitalists who promote and glorify violence to our children in movies.

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
All hail the master race!   police    laugh   Well, every political race needs its hopeless clown. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Iapetus

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 03:12:55 AM »

Zirkle: ... Two would be to remove copyright protections for murder capitalists who promote and glorify violence to our children in movies.

So that anyone could then download and distribute violent movies from the internet, for free?