Author Topic: McCain & School Choice/Vouchers at the NAACP  (Read 7785 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: McCain & School Choice/Vouchers at the NAACP
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 04:49:03 AM »
Yes but is he actually their favored candidate?  Why wasn't he there addressing the masses?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 06:43:12 AM »
You cannot have "good schools" in a lawless, dangerous environment.  Learning cannot take place, curiosity cannot be nourished when kids and teaches are in fear.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 06:44:42 AM »
It's completely 100% moot.

School vouchers is the perfect wedge issue, or should be, but does anyone seriously think it'll even affect 1% of the inner city minority vote?

These are people who send the likes of Cynthia Mickenny and Carolyn Mosley Braun to Washington, and in Washington itself, re-elect Marion Barry as their mayor. And cheer on "civil rights leaders" the stripe of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, when it is blatantly obvious they only exist to enrich themselves.

This constituency does not do so because they are fooled, they do it on purpose. The inner city minority electorate as a whole would rather knowingly elect and support these people because they believe (correctly) that it irritates the rest of America, and do so at the expense of real agendas that would help them.

I promise not to duck.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 07:16:32 AM »
AJ I hate the fact that you are more than likely correct.  But then again I am holding out some hope that these people are just as fed up with the BS that is spewed by the likes of Jackson, Sharpton and others and will finally step up and do something about it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 08:14:03 AM »
I don't give a rat's ass about the "<Fill in blank> Community" and its dysfunctions.  Their problems are beyond me to solve and they must do so themselves.  If they want ignorant crack smokers as their representatives, they should get them, good & hard.

I do care about my kids and other communities that are not dead-set on failure in this country.  We'd like better educational choice & opportunities for our tax dollars.

I think McCain was speaking over the NAACP's head, as the NAACP would not likely be swayed.  Who was his target?  Minority voters trying to do well and get their kids a good education and majority voters who have similar aspirations.

The fact that he said those words to the NAACP is immaterial to me, as is the NAACP.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
I don't know, the old guard of the civil rights movement seem to think that Obama isn't black enough and didn't put in any work for civil rights if what Jesse Jackson said is typical of the average NAACP type.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.