Author Topic: President Bush is still president right?  (Read 7788 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: President Bush is still president right?
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »
Homicidal a-holes tend to try to kill you.  I don't particularly want any homicidal a-holes running amok around the globe. 

That is... precisely my point.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 01:49:15 PM »
I misunderstood.  I thought you said that eliminating those homicidal a-holes was a waste of money.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 01:47:18 AM »
It is not the duty of the Iraqi people to be friends of America. America helped many nations that are not friends of America today. There are countries, like France, that have legitimate policy disagreements with America without being members of the Axis of Evil. It's completely possible (and legitimate) that when Iraq's military will be able to stand on its  feet the two countries can happily go their separate ways.

If they revert to being homicidal a-holes, instead of at least trying to be a half-decent democracy (something even some African nations have figured out by now), then there's no point in throwing good money after bad.

Ya know, you could at least try to respond to my comment, if you're going to quote me.  Or maybe you could point out where I said they had a duty to be our widdwe fwiends.  I was actually pointing out that they are worth supporting, even if we don't agree with many things they do. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
They are worth supporting IF they maintain at least a semblance of civilized behavior.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner