Author Topic: Riots in London  (Read 23191 times)

Azrael256

• friend
Re: Riots in London
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »
I wonder how the Brit riot cops handle this.

Strong language, mostly.  They're threatening beanbag rounds (or some other equally pointless "less lethal" toy), and if that doesn't work, they'll try the strong language again.

Sorry to our British bretheren, but your country has degenerated to the point that the only people with enough sense to defend themselves are evidently not British.

Ten good marksmen could end this in about an hour.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 12:04:51 AM »

Mmmmm.

When's it come here, to the good old United State?

We already had the American Spring, back in '09. It's interesting to contrast the reaction of the press and the Dem. party to the popular uprisings in the Mid-East, vs. their reaction to our popular uprising here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16:37 AM »
We already had the American Spring, back in '09. It's interesting to contrast the reaction of the press and the Dem. party to the popular uprisings in the Mid-East, vs. their reaction to our popular uprising here.

Oh come. It was in no way radical enough.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 01:41:40 AM »
This might prove useful:

http://www.londonrioters.co.uk/

People are uploading photos of rioters, asking the public to identify them.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
Ten good marksmen could end this in about an hour.

Two.  And the only reason I'd put the second one on is so they could cover approaches to each other's positions.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 01:53:38 AM »
I wonder how the Brit riot cops handle this.

By not doing a damn thing*

*And not because they want to do nothing, as the brit popo on the streets apparently wants to smack the ever-loving *expletive deleted* out of some rioters, but their brass will throw them under the bus and the policemen will be prosecuted for harming rioters.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 02:09:47 AM »
Oh come. It was in no way radical enough.

I'm not sure what you meant to say.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:20 AM »
I'm not sure what you meant to say.

I meant precisely what I meant.

A true popular uprising on 'our' side, to succeed, must have, at the least, the following:

1. The comprehension that it is not enough to protect the status quo from some future reforms. The current status quo must be understood as an oppressive and evil one before it can be overthrown.

2. The willingness to take political and personal risks - not through political violence, of course, but through long-term protests and even 'louder' techniques like civil disobedience, one-man picket watches, etc. etc.

In short, what we need is revolutionaries, just right-wing ones.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Iain

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 04:38:56 AM »
This might prove useful:

http://www.londonrioters.co.uk/

People are uploading photos of rioters, asking the public to identify them.

Yep, and the police are doing exactly the same thing with images from those apparently useless 500,000 CCTV cameras.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 06:08:29 AM »
They enable police to be better historians, then?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 06:25:41 AM »
Damning truth from Azrael256:

Sorry to our British bretheren, but your country has degenerated to the point that the only people with enough sense to defend themselves are evidently not British.

"Violence only begets violence."

Damning truth from Jeff Cooper:

I certainly hope so.

Terry, 230RN

REF (actual quote):

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure — and in some cases I have — that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/quotations-of-jeff-cooper

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:55:18 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
After four straight days of rioting the Brits have finally approved... using a water cannon. :rolleyes: Way to get tough!
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 08:47:09 AM »
After four straight days of rioting the Brits have finally approved... using a water cannon. :rolleyes: Way to get tough!

Ignore Cameron, Miliband, May and the rest of the fools. 

TBH the most positive thing coming from this is how people are not waiting for the police to protect their community, but doing it themselves... and despite what Azrael claims, its people from every community.  There were sizeable groups that I know of in Enfield, Eltham, Croydon, Southall and Hackney last night, probably more in other parts of London, and it helped to prevent a repeat of Monday.  There were groups in Birmingham and Liverpool as well, sadly three men from Birmingham were killed after - it seems - a car was deliberately driven at them whilst they were protecting shops. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-14471405

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
Interesting. 7 of the 10 top sporting goods sales items from Amazon-UK could are or could be considered weapons.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/#zg_learnMore

Baseball must be getting really popular across the pond.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 09:23:48 AM »
I wonder when the shopkeepers will discover the elegance and beauty of potato guns?

Say, will a baseball fit inside a schedule 80 3" PVC pipe?

agricola remarked:

and despite what Azrael claims, its people from every community.

I think Azrael was referring to the specific early mention of the Turkish groups.  It may have become more commonplace since then, but I'm not going to argue the point. 

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:39:02 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »
I read in another source that American baseball has become incredibly popular over the past few days, judging by the sale of bats . . .  ;)

One rioting female looter, when asked why she was doing that, screamed back words to the effect that she "was getting her taxes back."

At least one Brit blogger asserts a strong racial component to the riots - which doesn't really come through in the footage I've seen:  http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/katharinebirbalsingh/100099830/these-riots-were-about-race-why-ignore-the-fact/

As for the reported lack of response by Brit authorities . . . I'm reminded of an interview with a man who went through "The Troubles" in Northern Ireland a couple of decades ago. When the incidence of home invasions began spiking up, the local police first asked, then demanded that the few people licensed to own shotguns turn them in to the police for safekeeping . . . not out of fear that they'd be stolen, but out of concern that the homeowner might turn it against a home invader:facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
I meant precisely what I meant.

A true popular uprising on 'our' side, to succeed, must have, at the least, the following:

1. The comprehension that it is not enough to protect the status quo from some future reforms. The current status quo must be understood as an oppressive and evil one before it can be overthrown.

2. The willingness to take political and personal risks - not through political violence, of course, but through long-term protests and even 'louder' techniques like civil disobedience, one-man picket watches, etc. etc.

In short, what we need is revolutionaries, just right-wing ones.

I thought you might have meant that the Tea Party was not radical enough to make the comparison between it and the Arab Spring. What you actually meant doesn't seem to relate to what I said. I said there was a popular uprising in the spring of '09. I didn't say anything about how radical it was, or claim that it was the Glorious Revolution that will set our country back on the right path.  ???

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
At least one Brit blogger asserts a strong racial component to the riots - which doesn't really come through in the footage I've seen:  http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/katharinebirbalsingh/100099830/these-riots-were-about-race-why-ignore-the-fact/

Considering that Caribbean and African Blacks are roughly 2% of the UK's population, but seem to be represented at about 25-50% of the photos I've been looking at, I'd say there's something to the supposition.

I suspect that as it goes on there's been more and more opportunistic rioters/looters from a wider swath of the UK's population though.

The catalyzing event does seem to be displeasure over a shootout between the police and a black criminal though.
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »
One rioting female looter, when asked why she was doing that, screamed back words to the effect that she "was getting her taxes back."
Somehow I doubt that rioter pays taxes or that she at least already gets back more than she pays.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »

I certainly hope those water pistols are registered! [ar15]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2011, 03:04:50 PM »
I thought you might have meant that the Tea Party was not radical enough to make the comparison between it and the Arab Spring.

That is also true, of course. The Arab Spring was (is, the protests in Egypt and the fighting in Syria is still ongoing) is aimed to completely change the system of government in these countries.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
That is also true, of course. The Arab Spring was (is, the protests in Egypt and the fighting in Syria is still ongoing) is aimed to completely change the system of government in these countries.

A somewhat nebulous standard, but in the minds of the powers that be here in the U.S., namely the democrats, I'm sure they feel the Tea Party is trying to do just that.  =)
I promise not to duck.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
Interesting. 7 of the 10 top sporting goods sales items from Amazon-UK could are or could be considered weapons.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/#zg_learnMore

The shovel is a nice touch, even if it isn't genuine Spetznaz.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »
Beck will see this as a prophecy of London burning (that was actually stated as fact at a time of other, completely unrelated student protests that were much more minor and didn't involve much burning, and despite what he was linking them to had nothing to do with immigration or Islam) being fulfilled.

I didn't know there was a grandfather from the west Indies named Beck, what a coincidence! Wow this grandfather from the west Indies says this riot is an uprising just like in the middle east

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »
I didn't know there was a grandfather from the west Indies named Beck, what a coincidence! Wow this grandfather from the west Indies says this riot is an uprising just like in the middle east

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o

While I can no longer get Beck because he's only on the net by subscription, I watched enough of his shows to know he doesn't "say" anything most of the time - what he will do is show the radlibs saying things like they are organizing an uprising in the middle east, he would show the radlibs announcing their plans on their own websites and encouraged his viewers to watch Al Jazeera to look up the communist & islamist websites and read it for them selves.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."