Author Topic: the emporer has no clothes  (Read 7923 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
the emporer has no clothes
« on: October 22, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013226310_justices22m.html?prmid=obinsource

ouch  two state supreme courts justices say some things that are gonna cause a ruckus
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: the emporer has no clothes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-5-2010/race-card-is-maxed-out

Eyebrows and hackles may be raised, but I'm afraid someone's got to come up with a new and better explanation 'cause the old one is just not working any more.

The alternative is for everyone to start declaring African-American criminals less skilled than criminals of other races, since they seem to get caught more frequently.  Don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Can anybody show that their past decisions were in any way tainted?  If not, and there's no better explanation to offer, then what's the hubbub, Bub?

Do the Justices have life tenure?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-5-2010/race-card-is-maxed-out
LMAO! and yes, they serve for life... which may have been significantly shortened by those remarks no matter how true they may be.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »
Sometimes the truth cuts deeply.  In America, the truth has been in short supply for nearly 40 years because it has been legislated against.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:57:59 PM »
LMAO! and yes, they serve for life... which may have been significantly shortened by those remarks no matter how true they may be.

Uh, no.  In Washington state, our Supreme Court justices are elected and have to stand for re-election. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
Bondon said she took the "comments personally, as though he were saying that I and all African Americans had a predisposition for criminality and I was offended."

Bondon said she remembered thinking that she didn't need data or statistics to prove that she and other African Americans don't have a predisposition for criminality.

"Just the idea that it was necessary to disprove the assertion was sickening," Bondon said.

Lemme see here. There's a raw statistic that says a group comprising 4 percent of the population commits 20 percent of the crimes (paraphrased to simplify). A member of that 4 percent group doesn't like it, so she says she doesn't need statistics to disprove it.

How the heck else is she going to disprove it? The only way to counter statistics is either with other statistics, or by proving that the analysis of the original statistics was incorrect. Basically, this Bondon woman just has her head in the sand.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
He wasn't even saying that African-Americans have a predisposition for criminality. It certainly has nothing to do with their genetics or race.

Why is it that immigrants from African countries - really sucky African countries, where you can hardly drive from home to work without being robbed, and people sleep with shotguns under their pillows - are, statistically, wealthier on average and less likely to commit crimes than those Americans who descend from slaves?

Are those Africans somehow 'less black'?

If it is racism that causes this - would racists somehow be able to distinguish thse immigrants from 'local' African-Americans and hate them less? No?

Then maybe it isn't racism.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 11:22:12 PM »
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013226310_justices22m.html?prmid=obinsource

ouch  two state supreme courts justices say some things that are gonna cause a ruckus

Somebody's going to get "JuanWilliams-ed".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 11:53:20 PM »
Lemme see here. There's a raw statistic that says a group comprising 4 percent of the population commits 20 percent of the crimes (paraphrased to simplify).

I thought black Americans were more like 14%.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 12:30:57 AM »
If you break it down not only by race, but sex and age group, 4% sounds about right.
D. R. ZINN

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 01:46:31 AM »
I thought black Americans were more like 14%.

The 4% / 20% cited in the article were for Washington state, not national.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 01:52:33 AM »
Oh, I thought you were saying the whole black population was 4% of the U.S. population. My mistake.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
They have committed the offense of speaking the truth to an aggrieved, politically activated minority group.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
MillCreek, I was thinking U.S., not State, my bad.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »
From the article:

African Americans represent about 4 percent of Washington's population but nearly 20 percent of the state prison population. Similar disparities nationwide have been attributed by some researchers to sentencing practices, inadequate legal representation, drug-enforcement policies and criminal-enforcement procedures that unfairly affect African Americans.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 12:12:37 PM »
"Stephens said she was surprised by the "poverty pimp" remark.

"If that were directed at me, I would have felt accused," Stephens said, adding that she doesn't believe that was Johnson's intent, but instead that he chose an unfortunate phrase."

I think someone knows deep down that term [someone that exploits the poor for their own gain] does apply exactly to them.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »
Lemme see here. There's a raw statistic that says a group comprising 4 percent of the population commits 20 percent of the crimes (paraphrased to simplify). A member of that 4 percent group doesn't like it, so she says she doesn't need statistics to disprove it.

How the heck else is she going to disprove it? The only way to counter statistics is either with other statistics, or by proving that the analysis of the original statistics was incorrect. Basically, this Bondon woman just has her head in the sand.
must be related to Maxine Waters. :laugh:

GadsdenGraphics

• Gadsden Graphics
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 09:42:49 PM »
So, what was the assumption before this?  The entire law enforcement and judicial structures in the US were assumed to be pervasively racist?  ;/
Visit my store for unique RKBA and rightwing decals: www.GadsdenGraphics.com

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 11:18:06 PM »
So, what was the assumption before this?  The entire law enforcement and judicial structures in the US were assumed to be pervasively racist?  ;/
Exactly.

Because, like, obviously if black people make up 15 percent of the general population but make up 40 percent of the prison population, that's gotta be because da man bin hitten' on da black folks.

Ya know?

It certainly couldn't be because, proportionately, black people commit more crimes than other races.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »
blasphemer!   get thee behind me!

lets take a look at the demographic of their victim pool if you wanna see a casualty of racism

http://www.hhscenter.org/BonB_brochure_2008.pdf

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucas/20101002/cm_ucas/blackonblackcrimedefieseasysolutions
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:10:58 AM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 10:43:10 AM »
Why is it that immigrants from African countries - really sucky African countries, where you can hardly drive from home to work without being robbed, and people sleep with shotguns under their pillows - are, statistically, wealthier on average and less likely to commit crimes than those Americans who descend from slaves?
Because they have a much better work ethic on average?
Because they haven't been conditioned to believe that 'society', 'the man', or 'whitey' owes them something?
Am I getting close or am I just being a racist for stating my observations?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
Because the dead weight can't get visas, so your sample is skewed towards the better end of the bell curve?

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 12:41:27 PM »
ding ding ding!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 05:54:05 PM »
Because they have a much better work ethic on average?
Because they haven't been conditioned to believe that 'society', 'the man', or 'whitey' owes them something?
Am I getting close or am I just being a racist for stating my observations?

Juan what's-his-name wants to talk to you about a job in newscasting ...

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »
blasphemer!   get thee behind me!

lets take a look at the demographic of their victim pool if you wanna see a casualty of racism

http://www.hhscenter.org/BonB_brochure_2008.pdf

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucas/20101002/cm_ucas/blackonblackcrimedefieseasysolutions

Ayup.  And what might be the reaction if we had LEOs back outta certain neighborhoods and only nab bad guys when they harm non-black folks?

Meh, just somebody trying to rig the debate into "Heads I win, Tails you lose."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton