Author Topic: Turkeys on Airplanes  (Read 7939 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Turkeys on Airplanes
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
And  I don't mean stupid humans. I think Fly320s will love this one. Somebody got their pet turkey a seat on an airplane as their "comfort animal".

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/01/14/turkey-ruffles-feathers-about-emotional-support-animals-on-flights/?intcmp=hpbt1
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Turkeys on Airplanes
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »
Something about Les Nessman?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »
Hey, what do you know...

Turkeys CAN fly!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 02:12:10 PM »
I am wondering if someone who requires the presence of an animal for emotional support is too unstable to fly in the first place. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 02:45:40 PM »
I am wondering if someone who requires the presence of an animal a turkey for emotional support is too unstable to fly in the first place. 

FIFY
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »
And  I don't mean stupid humans. I think Fly320s will love this one. Somebody got their pet turkey a seat on an airplane as their "comfort animal".

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/01/14/turkey-ruffles-feathers-about-emotional-support-animals-on-flights/?intcmp=hpbt1

Yeah, I saw that.  Pisses me off, but we can't do anything to those special snowflakes thanks to the Americans with *cough*Disabilities*cough* Act.  Most people just use the "comfort animal" as a means to get their pet to fly for free.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
I am wondering if someone who requires the presence of an animal for emotional support is too unstable to fly in the first place. 

I think the same thing.  We kick off passengers for being drunk or high or too sick to fly.  We should be allowed to kick off the idiots, too.

Did you know that a sick person who vomits is not allowed to fly for two hours after vomiting?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 03:34:52 PM »
Yeah, I saw that.  Pisses me off, but we can't do anything to those special snowflakes thanks to the Americans with *cough*Disabilities*cough* Act.  Most people just use the "comfort animal" as a means to get their pet to fly for free.

Apparently it's ridiculously easy to get a doctor to write a prescription, or whatever you would call it. "Flying makes me nervous". "Okay, here's a note to take your badger on the plane with you."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 03:47:57 PM »
's funny.They spend millions of dollars on airline "security," and they strip-search passengers, and ban everything from handguns to bottles of shampoo, due to the risk of terrorism. It must be a real, serious danger, for them to go to all that trouble, right? Yet, "I don't feel comfortable flying without my .45" would not be taken seriously.

But turkeys and weasels and dogs, who would be of no use in actually mitigating a threat - oh, yeah, no problem.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »
I fly a lot, and let me tell you, I'm tired of these mother*expletive deleted*ing service animals on these mother*expletive deleted*ing planes.

I am also waiting for the day that special snowflake needs my *expletive deleted*it zu meats special snowflake I'm allergic to all animals......

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 04:02:48 PM »
But turkeys and weasels and dogs, 

...and pigs.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 04:03:59 PM »
I am also waiting for the day that special snowflake needs my *expletive deleted*it zu meats special snowflake I'm allergic to all animals......

You'll lose that battle.  They are, literally, a protected class.  I have removed people who are allergic to the service animal.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »
Oh, I'm not fighting it.  I just want to watch it unfold.

Personally the best I could hope for is to get like a 200lb Caucasian Mountain Dog as my "support dog" and drag him around everywhere.  That'd be fun on an MD-80.

ETA:  I wonder.....Medical condition is a medical condition.  Special Snowflake w/ allergies could reasonably get it declared a disability.  Especially if it includes anaphalactic reactions.  If it's two competing disabilities is there like an ADA matrix or something?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 04:28:14 PM »
Oh, I'm not fighting it.  I just want to watch it unfold.

Personally the best I could hope for is to get like a 200lb Caucasian Mountain Dog as my "support dog" and drag him around everywhere.  That'd be fun on an MD-80.

ETA:  I wonder.....Medical condition is a medical condition.  Special Snowflake w/ allergies could reasonably get it declared a disability.  Especially if it includes anaphalactic reactions.  If it's two competing disabilities is there like an ADA matrix or something?

Yes.  I am the matrix and I call our CRO and let him handle the problem while I stay in the cockpit reading APS.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »
the ADA and the air carrier access act have made it kind of absurd.

Service animals can really help some people.

But the complete reckless faggotry that the abuse of those two laws have had. My god.

My dog's too damn stupid to be a service dog, we're discovering. His training is on an indefinite hiatus
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »

Go big or go home; service elephant.

Or maybe some geneticist somewhere can make you an elephadger.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »
But the complete reckless faggotry that the abuse of those two laws have had. My god.

Saw a service dog last weekend. Had the red harness. It was being pushed through the store in a baby stroller.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 04:45:04 PM »
Go big or go home; service elephant.

Or maybe some geneticist somewhere can make you an elephadger.

I've seen mini-horses and mini-pigs, why not a mini-elephant. A mini-phant.

I'm still trying to convince my company that I need a comfort animal when I fly.  Like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+women&biw=1680&bih=973&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjmg42Ho6rKAhWKOj4KHedSDK0Q_AUIBigB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 05:50:27 PM »
I think I see the plot to Snakes On A Plane II. 

Why not an emotional support cobra?

Or an emotional support anaconda (made by Colt). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 06:20:16 PM »
Think this could be one of ours, thinking "how insane do I have to push this before they're forced to rewrite the rules with some common sense?"

An ocelot seems like a good emotional support animal.  I would certainly be comforted if anyone trying to mug me got an angry ocelot clamped onto their face.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 07:04:49 PM »
You fox eared ahole.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »
You fox eared *expletive deleted*hole.

He's crepuscular, get him boys!
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »
The ones that make me want to strangle are the "service" dogs who are worse behaved than most of the regular dogs I handle on a regular basis.

When I was waiting for my aunt to pick me up at the airport, some woman arrived to fly out. The "service" dog was a 10 lb or so puppy mill wonder bicon with a crappy haircut. It was not leash trained, tangled up the woman and her friend constantly as they tried to get the luggage unloaded, yanked on the leash and just generally acted like a 'tard. 
I'm sorry but if you have a service dog, even an emotional support service dog, it damn well better have at least the basic obedience skills.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 08:22:17 PM »
keep in mind that a great number of "service dogs" aren't actually service dogs. since the ACA says that nobody can ask for proof, people just strap a vest on so that they can take FiFi to the restaurant/store with them

There was a big deal made in florida about making it illegal to identify a dog as a service dog when they weren't... but since there's no legal way for anyone to check....
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog