Author Topic: Who else would totally KILL for a lightsaber?  (Read 6429 times)

Risasi

• friend
Who else would totally KILL for a lightsaber?
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 03:31:55 AM »
Bemidjiblade:
When he killed the Emperor and then died, Anakin Skywalker balanced the force.
I concur, sort of. Force was balanced after all but four Jedi were destroyed; Palpatine and Anakin, Dark Side. Yoda and Obi Wan, Light Side.

Of course Luke comes along and mucks up the works. Once he's a Jedi there is imbalance. But in the meantime, Obiwan, then Yoda die. Leaving Luke and two Dark Side Jedi. You can argue all sorts of things during this time. Confusing it is, hmm?

Course we kill all the previous characters and we're just left with Luke. Who uses both light and dark side forces. He's become something new entirely. A "cowboy".

Regardless this is just the old greek stoic/Epicurus hedonism argument of time past. Neither side is right. So in the end then we find principle rather than a set of laws forbidding or allowing.

Geez, how's that for nerd..

[EDIT]

Fixed spelling. :embarrased:

Strings

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 08:45:46 AM »
So Risasi: are you trying to say that first there was "Light" and "Dark", and now there's "Twilight" or "Grey"?

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 12:34:19 PM »
Heh, you tell me what he is..

If I were a Bene Gesserit witch I would be pointing at Luke and screaming "Abomination"!!
:smile:  I always preferred the Dune universe anyway...

Here's the scoop, Luke uses both Light and Dark side Forces. He was tempted with joining the Dark side by Palpatine, but refused and overcame the Dark side. Some would argue that Luke completely denied the Dark side in Revenge of the Jedi. But that is not what is indicated in the books following RoTJ.
It's as if he master both and creates his own destiny. And all the old Jedi ways are busted down. All the stuff they allude to in AoTC and RoTS. The council dictating how you live, like the forbidding of marriage, etc. Force is force is force. Like all substances it is not inherently good or evil. It's is the heart of man where we find evil.  

Jedi Council = Babylon Priestcraft/Communism
Sith = Macedonian Atainment / Nazi-Facism
Force, generally speaking = panteistic ideology

Who cares really, Lucas ruined the series with the prequels. Vader has always been the central character.
Lucas is one very odd fellow. Either way the universe is no longer "fun".  

What I find most interesting is what is written on Vader's breathing apparatus.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 04:17:15 PM »
Darkhelmet: now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 06:04:47 PM »
What I find most interesting is what is written on Vader's breathing apparatus.
Nice cliffhanger.  Now if we all bow before your superior nerdiness, will you tell us what is there written?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005, 08:59:03 PM »
So Risasi: are you trying to say that first there was "Light" and "Dark", and now there's "Twilight" or "Grey"?
We are grey, we stand between the candle and the darkness...
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 05:03:40 AM »
Fistful:
Nice cliffhanger.  Now if we all bow before your superior nerdiness, will you tell us what is there written?
Nerdiness?...with a title like that I don't know whether to be proud, hurt or amused.
Great I'll never have a girlfriend now. Anyway:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/chestplate.html

Essentially it's in ancient Hebrew, three lines of text. The middle is either cut, or upside down.

And it say something along the line: "His deeds shall not be forgiven until he merits" or "Until he merits he shall not be redeemed".

I am sure Lucas is a crack smoker.

Sindawe,

I am merely spewing the drivel to be found in the SW universe, never said I believe it. But yeah, the conclusion is "balance" via a mix of light and dark.

BTW If you want to go for extra credit;

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

Here you find a write up of the injuries of Vader, this is pre-prequel too. You will find inconsistancies in this vs Ep. III. Which makes me further dislike the EP I,II,III series.

Either way who cares really, they are just movies after all. Lucas sucks, he now finishes on a bad note. And he never would have had the success he has unless he ripped the main story line from Hidden Fortress.

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 05:10:31 AM »
Oh yeah; to answer the orginal question, no I'll take a gun any day over such a "clumsy and random" weapon as a lightsaber.
Cheesy

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 08:48:27 AM »
Risasi: Yes, it IS the hour of scampering.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 09:40:30 AM »
Scampering? You lost me...