Author Topic: Who else is as cheap as gun buyers?  (Read 2027 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Who else is as cheap as gun buyers?
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »
People who buy guns and gun accessories are notoriously cheap. I know that's a pretty broad brush, but I do think that gun people tend to squeeze the quarter harder than other folks, and maybe harder than they would when buying other things.

I'm trying to find another very large niche group that's nearly as cheap, as cheap, or cheaper.

Any ideas?

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Who else is as cheap as gun buyers?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
People who buy guns and gun accessories are notoriously cheap. I know that's a pretty broad brush, but I do think that gun people tend to squeeze the quarter harder than other folks, and maybe harder than they would when buying other things.

I'm trying to find another very large niche group that's nearly as cheap, as cheap, or cheaper.

Any ideas?

KLR owners.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »
Ham Radio operators

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 04:25:59 PM »
Most of the people who car camp. Wal-Mart here we come.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »

Any ideas?

No kidding, drop say $700 on a rifle but top it with $100 Bushnell scope and wrap it in a cheapo $15 big box mart case. Or own several thousands of dollars on firearms and keep them in a sub $500 safe.

Uranus is a gas giant.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »
No kidding, drop say $700 on a rifle but top it with $100 Bushnell scope and wrap it in a cheapo $15 big box mart case. Or own several thousands of dollars on firearms and keep them in a sub $500 safe.

You done quit preachin' and started meddlin'...    ;)
"It's good, though..."

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
People that fix their own cars.
jeff w

I like onions!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
Mocassin buyers  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »
KLR owners.

What's "KLR"?

I don't think there's tens of millions of ham radio operators, although I can imagine they could be cheap. After all, why not just pay for a phone line? ;)

Shade tree mechanics would be cheap. I wonder how many there are, and how they can be marketed to.

Moccasin buyers aren't cheap, they're just liars.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 05:29:35 PM »
People that fix their own cars.

I'm the rarity there, I don't mind spending money on good parts, good parts means I don't have to replace that part as often.

Uranus is a gas giant.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 05:31:08 PM »
I'm the rarity there, I don't mind spending money on good parts, good parts means I don't have to replace that part as often.

Parts with good reputations, tacticool gear, and collector's items are the main things that will get gun owners spending money.  The problem with the last is finding the right buyer.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »

The "problem",from my persective,is the customer who either calls and just wants the part number so he can buy the part online or the person who takes a crappy cell phone pic,can't describe what it is,does,or where it is on the car,and then gets upset when they're told the cost.And then wants the part number so that they can shop it on-line.
My last boss told me that I "had an anger problem".I wonder why?
jeff w

I like onions!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »
I don't think there's tens of millions of ham radio operators, although I can imagine they could be cheap. After all, why not just pay for a phone line? ;)

About 600k in the US and a few million world-wide.   They make gunnies look like spendthrifts though.

Chris

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »
What's "KLR"?

A model of dual sport motorcycles that are very popular as adventure bikes.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 06:03:23 PM »

I haven't been in the market for a while, but I thought $700 was the going rate for an entry-level rifle. Like, say, a Ruger M77 MkII. If so, not surprising or particularly cheap for someone to go with an entry-level optic.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 06:26:24 PM »
I'm cheap....yep...or maybe not....now I am confused.  ???

I bought a RIA 45 mainly because of the reviews and the price, it was cheap in the world of 1911 type guns. I also bought a Sig P238, a 380 that cost as much as the RIA, a little spendy for a 380, but I like it. So, as a gunnie, I am cheap not cheap, hell, I don't know anymore.

You want to know what I think is cheap. All of those HD or HD clone riders who spend a fortune on everything but that 49 dollar thing that they call a helmet to protect their brain pan with......wait, that could just be stupid.

Now I am Confused!!!!  =|

=D
bob

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:26 PM »
It's not just HD riders. Go to Milwaukee on a warm summer day and you'll see plenty of guys in shorts, t-shirt, gym shoes, no helmet, riding their crotch rockets, with girlfriends on the back similarly dressed.

I've never seen a good $49 helmet. Where are they?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »

I haven't been in the market for a while, but I thought $700 was the going rate for an entry-level rifle. Like, say, a Ruger M77 MkII. If so, not surprising or particularly cheap for someone to go with an entry-level optic.

Plenty of bottom shelf Remingtons etc at Walmart for $300ish.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
Ham Radio operators

Chris

Seconded.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »

Any ideas?

Pilots and cops.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 07:53:32 PM »
Musicians.

Can't tell you how often guys want me to cut my asking price by an addtional 25 percent off an already great price.

I have a guy right now who just asked for an additional hundred off a 500 dollar amp head / floorboard

New price is almost a grand for both. The amp was purchased new a few months ago and never gigged. 500 is a good deal, especially since the amp is discontinued now.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 08:10:58 PM »
now it seems everyone is cheaping out.

What's "KLR"?
Shade tree mechanics would be cheap. I wonder how many there are, and how they can be marketed to.

it's called "j c whitney".
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 08:19:43 PM »
People who go to garage sales.

People who shop at Dollar General so they don't have to get all dressed up as if they were going to Wal-Mart.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »

$700-$1200 is about  the base price of a mid level hunting rifle, like a Remington 700 or Win Model 70. Custom goes from there to you can't afford it.

You can pick up a lot of decent hunting rifles from $400-700.

Now target rifles, that is a whole different world of $$$.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
The "problem",from my persective,is the customer who either calls and just wants the part number so he can buy the part online or the person who takes a crappy cell phone pic,can't describe what it is,does,or where it is on the car,and then gets upset when they're told the cost.And then wants the part number so that they can shop it on-line.
My last boss told me that I "had an anger problem".I wonder why?

Those people are morons, you can go online and find any part number.

Uranus is a gas giant.