Author Topic: NASCAR Rejects Gun Ads, Cites “Gradual Shift” on Guns Joins Yeti, Dick’s, UnderA  (Read 1019 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/nascar-rejects-gun-ads-cites-gradual-shift-on-guns-joins-yeti-dicks-underarmour/#axzz5xM8E35bP

I don't really watch NASCAR, but I have relatives who do.  I will passing this on.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/nascar-rejects-gun-ads-cites-gradual-shift-on-guns-joins-yeti-dicks-underarmour/#ixzz5xM8d0Mqa
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

NASCAR chooses Anti-Gun stance

“We just heard from NASCAR on a number of gun-related ads and unfortunately, due to a gradual shift in NASCAR’s position on guns, these ads must be edited/changed—especially those that are depicted as assault-style rifles/sniper rifles. NASCAR is still open to some of the less controversial gun accessories, concealed carry, or classes.”

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Something feels fishy... I searched for more info but the only thing coming up with any consistency is the Ammoland.com story. For info on something like this, you'd figure would be a bit more widespread.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
They link to a post on the Kvar blog which is what I saw first (link on Twitter).  It appears it was Kvar who had ads rejected.  This isn't a very big story outside the gun world so I am not sure if major news media would pick it up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I don't follow NASCAR, but wouldn't this alienate like 80% of their audience? Or as with country music, do they have a new demographic where both the stars and fans are anti?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
I don't follow NASCAR, but wouldn't this alienate like 80% of their audience? Or as with country music, do they have a new demographic where both the stars and fans are anti?

Not sure about the rest of the country but it will alienate 95%+ of fans around here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
First non family house trip I can remember was to a racetrack. Next week I drive halfway across the country to see a racetrack. If I won the lottery I would operate a racetrack full time. That said, you mean people still watch Nascar? I caught a few clips on YouTube just for Natalie Decker memes. No really, she's that bad.  It's a dead sport, it's owners killed it, we the racers DGAF.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
So can it be said that NASCAR took a left turn?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
The France family has been working very hard at killing off NASCAR for years, so it wouldn't surprise me if this news were true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
I caught a few clips on YouTube just for Natalie Decker memes. No really, she's that bad.

You mean like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Q8bE5A5h8 ?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
Is there any documentation of this from another source?

I never watch racing, but it is hard to believe NASCAR would be so stupid.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Is there any documentation of this from another source?

I never watch racing, but it is hard to believe NASCAR would be so stupid.

NEVER underestimate the capacity of human stupidity.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
https://popculture.com/sports/2019/08/23/internet-gun-seller-nascar-ads-assault-weapon-wont-allow/
All the google links I see are based on what Kvar released.  Don't see anything else recent coming up.  I don't see any response from NASCAR either.  

T.O.M.

• friend

Some of the people I work with are former NASCAR fans.  They say you are absolutely correct.  NASCAR now is a big money event where rich people pretend to be country folks, pull up in pick-up trucks that have never hauled anything more than luggage or Jeeps that have never been off the pavement.  They camp in motor homes that cost more than most people's normal homes. They play country music by people who grew up in the city but make more money pretending to be country.  They call them "progressive rednecks."  So, of course they don't hunt, don't shoot guns, and don't get their boots muddy.  Probably vote Dem, too.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark