Author Topic: Representative Bachmann not seeking re-election?  (Read 3259 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Representative Bachmann not seeking re-election?
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:26:03 PM »
So I wonder why the good Representative from Minnesota is not running again.  Was she likely to lose in her district?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Representative Bachmann not seeking re-election?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »
So I wonder why the good Representative from Minnesota is not running again.  Was she likely to lose in her district?

That's a leading theory.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
That's a leading theory.

She might be in some deep dodo with campaign ethics/finance issues also.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
She might be in some deep dodo with campaign ethics/finance issues also.

Yet, if she were a Democrat that would be a requirement.   *cough* Charlie Rangel et al. *cough*
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 04:53:53 AM »
I was consistently under-impressed when she opened he mouth and am damn glad she got no traction at the presidential candidate level.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »
I was consistently under-impressed when she opened he mouth and am damn glad she got no traction at the presidential candidate level.

I thought otherwise.  Might have even gotten the base out to vote for her, unlike the last two clowns the GOP ran.

Of course the left and MSM hated her because she didn't give a fig for them or bow to their graven images.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »

Her 1st stop on the campaign trail to the Whitehouse was Iowa, describing her as bat sh!t crazy is an understatement. She also isn't a very nice person, she was losing campaign staff members left and right because of her demeanor.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
I thought otherwise.  Might have even gotten the base out to vote for her, unlike the last two clowns the GOP ran.
I thought so too . . . I voted for her in the TX primary knowing full well that she had already dropped out by "suspending her campaign" . . . I did so just as a protest against the plutocrat. (Though I still - reluctantly - cast a Mitt ballot rather than for The Anointed One in the general election.)

If nothing else, she won my vote when, during an interview with Chris Matthews, she made mention of his "tingly leg feeling" when dealing with Obama. (Matthews went nearly apoplectic in response - good entertainment!  :rofl: )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 11:04:50 AM »
I thought so too . . . I voted for her in the TX primary knowing full well that she had already dropped out by "suspending her campaign" . . . I did so just as a protest against the plutocrat. (Though I still - reluctantly - cast a Mitt ballot rather than for The Anointed One in the general election.)

If nothing else, she won my vote when, during an interview with Chris Matthews, she made mention of his "tingly leg feeling" when dealing with Obama. (Matthews went nearly apoplectic in response - good entertainment!  :rofl: )

I yanked the lever for Ron Paul.'

That last bit is crucial.  We and our policritters simply must call the MSM and the progressives on their BS and assumptions.  We will never win if we let them ask "Have you stopped beating your wife?" questions unchallenged.  That was about the only useful thing Newt did during the primary.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 11:34:05 AM »
Her 1st stop on the campaign trail to the Whitehouse was Iowa, describing her as bat sh!t crazy is an understatement. She also isn't a very nice person, she was losing campaign staff members left and right because of her demeanor.

Wasn't sure if crazy or stupid. I was betting on crazy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
both
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »
She figured out a one trick pony faces fewer gigs as time goes on.

I have no evidence but just a hunch that she will join Demint at Heritage.  Just a hunch.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
I sort of liked her at first but she started to get a bit over the edge recently.  I will give her marks for her courage to wade into the fray and spit in their eye, though.

What we conservative/libertarian leaners need is someone who will spit in their eye with a smile while saying "...there you go again..."  We need a unifier who can convince the "low information voter" that America the free is better than America the nanny.

It may seem to be a contradiction for me to say this as a conservative/libertarian leaner, but I think we need some sort of a national project that unifies us and opens the door to a lot of jobs and ancilliary manufacturing/supplying.  I happen to believe that project would be a high speed, elevated, mag lev/electric/high tech train system using the interstate rights of way.  It gets poo pooed because I hear groaning about how trains don't work now, so they won't work in the future.  I say bull and if it was done right, maybe our kids or grandkids would travel the country cheaply, safely, fast, and comfortable.  Cars could be smaller then.  Rentals would soar.  Freight would go cheaper and truckers would be short haul and home with their families at night.  

A group in Michigan wanted to build a high speed elevated train from Grand Rapids to Detroit.  They had all the private money to do it.  The idea was to prove how valuable it would be, so that expansion would be credible.  All they needed was the gooberment to sign off on the use of the I-96 corridor.  They were going to charge by the minute to travel.  Round trip from GR to Detroit would cost about ten bucks or less and cut the time in half.  They were even going to pay the state a fee when it was running.  The state legislature hardly gave 'em a hearing.  Stupid is as stupid does.  Somehow the pols were worried that private money used successfully would take away some of their power and ability to squeeze money out of the Feds to subsidize Amtrack.  Sigh.....

Sorry for the hijack.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
I know its completely lowbrow, but I cannot read or hear the name Bachman without thinking of this:

I imagine its the same for a lot of people and maybe a part of why a lot of people don't take her seriously.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 01:07:17 PM »
I know its completely lowbrow, but I cannot read or hear the name Bachman without thinking of this:

I imagine its the same for a lot of people and maybe a part of why a lot of people don't take her seriously.

Still makes me gigglesnort.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »
She had her good points but the unnecessary stridency, and idiocy (e.g. Gardisil causing retardation) really turned me off.
Formerly sumpnz

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »
Note to self:
If ever I run for public office, never eat in public or wear a bunny suit.  OTOH, I can pull off photo ops in a tank believably.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
Frankly still a better love story than Twilight - or a better politician than most mainstream politicos.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 11:59:33 PM »
If the ethics issues aren't a problem, I suspect she will be putting feelers out for a senate seat.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »

There's certainly a "cringe quotient" with her.

On the other hand, the idea that she is somehow less desirable than some fill-in-the-blank suave hard-left sophisticate is even more appalling to me.

In other news, I would rather have had Dan Quayle as pres instead of Clinton.  No, he wasn't sophisticated, and the press got way too much mileage portraying Dan-the-athlete as Dan-the-klutz, but he was the better man.

Here's a thought that should keep you up at night:  I -- me personally, some random schmoe whose business efforts crashed and burned -- would make a better president than the guy currently holding the office.

And I could populate a Cabinet with nothing but APS denizens and do a better job than he has.

And the country would see more prosperity, lower unemployment, and more respect abroad than at any time during the current jerk's tenure.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure that I -- given a free hand to pick as I wish -- could choose a better president from among the members of this board than the one we currently have in office.

And I could probably do it drawing APS names out of a hat.

I cannot adequately express my contempt for the bastard (that's a technical term, you understand) currently in the Oval Office.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »
There's certainly a "cringe quotient" with her.

On the other hand, the idea that she is somehow less desirable than some fill-in-the-blank suave hard-left sophisticate is even more appalling to me.

In other news, I would rather have had Dan Quayle as pres instead of Clinton.  No, he wasn't sophisticated, and the press got way too much mileage portraying Dan-the-athlete as Dan-the-klutz, but he was the better man.

Here's a thought that should keep you up at night:  I -- me personally, some random schmoe whose business efforts crashed and burned -- would make a better president than the guy currently holding the office.

And I could populate a Cabinet with nothing but APS denizens and do a better job than he has.

And the country would see more prosperity, lower unemployment, and more respect abroad than at any time during the current jerk's tenure.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure that I -- given a free hand to pick as I wish -- could choose a better president from among the members of this board than the one we currently have in office.

I cannot adequately express my contempt for the bastard (that's a technical term, you understand) currently in the Oval Office.

All of that.
Plus your nominee would have the sense not to eat a phallus shaped food within the range of a camera.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure that I -- given a free hand to pick as I wish -- could choose a better president from among the members of this board than the one we currently have in office.

Wait a minute!   :O

I didn't see anything about being drafted for President in the APS Terms of Service  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 05:43:01 PM »
Wait a minute!   :O

I didn't see anything about being drafted for President in the APS Terms of Service  ???

Administrative supplement TPS-123-BS, written & applied by implementing agency staffers, as authorized in fine print of Chapter 666, subpart A.ZZ, original TOS. Sorry.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »
Administrative supplement TPS-123-BS, written & applied by implementing agency staffers, as authorized in fine print of Chapter 666, subpart A.ZZ, original TOS. Sorry.

It's BS all right  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »
Can I be Secretary of War?

(Changin the name back, I yam)
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog