Author Topic: Repeal of Obamacare  (Read 905 times)

grampster

• friend
Repeal of Obamacare
« on: March 12, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »
I shake my head every time a see a politician or reporter discussing the repeal of Obamacare.   They hysterically proclaim that millions and millions Americans will lose their insurance if Obamacare is repealed.  That is nothing but scare tactics and horsepucky!  Any bill to repeal Obamacare can have a date of repeal.  It does not have to be immediately!!  For example:  A bill to repeal is voted upon by the house and senate on April 1, 2017.  President says he'll sign it as soon as it hits his desk.  That bill can have a repeal date anytime in the future.  That date could be January 1, 2018 or in fact could state that it is repealed when congress and the President sign a replacement law and that could have any date.  There are many replacement plans floating around. 

In fact if the government should even create a health insurance bill in the first place , Rand Paul's bill fits the bill, if you'll pardon the pun.  It's 4 pages long and does the job.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Repeal of Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:21:15 PM »
what irritates me, and is why i'm sick of the GOP in general, is this huge noise about getting rid of Obamacare. And when they're finally in a position to do it, It's almost the same in most of the most egregious ways.

Oh, but there's no subsidy.... we'll just give out tax cuts.

Oh, but there's no individual mandate paid to the gov. you'll just pay that to the insurance companies when and if you do sign up.

THey polished the turd and slapped a new label on it. The Republican party makes me *expletive deleted*ing sick
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 11:55:09 PM »
what irritates me, and is why i'm sick of the GOP in general, is this huge noise about getting rid of Obamacare. And when they're finally in a position to do it, It's almost the same in most of the most egregious ways.

Oh, but there's no subsidy.... we'll just give out tax cuts.

Oh, but there's no individual mandate paid to the gov. you'll just pay that to the insurance companies when and if you do sign up.

THey polished the turd and slapped a new label on it. The Republican party makes me *expletive deleted*ing sick

Yea....this.     I think I may finally have been cured of my Republican Party Membership-itis,    [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 07:37:51 PM »
Who is the Speaker of the House now, is it Nancy Ryan, or Paul Pelosi?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-health-plan-teeters-republican-rebels-demand-changes-202319699.html

Ryan told Fox News on Monday that the legislation, which likely heads to a House vote next week, would ultimately include "refinements and improvements" before heading to the Senate.

This sounds suspiciously like, "We'll just have to pass it to find out what's in it." Sorry, Mr. Speaker -- you'll have to do a LOT better than that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »
I liked Krauthammer's suggestion from last night. Go to the 5:28 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oeGNLELECo&t=2s

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 07:31:00 AM »
Given recent statements from various GOP leadership congresscritters and Trump's camp, it should be clear now that we were lied to with regard to the repeal of ObamaCare.
Makes me think of Charley Brown and the football.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 11:46:23 AM »
I keep hearing everyone act like we have to replace it with something.  What was there before it was passed?  Just dump the original bill.  I think it is all excuses because the leadership in the House doesn't want to do the work and is being pressured by lobbyists not to repeal.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge