Author Topic: So are they bringing Gazans to the US?  (Read 1182 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
So are they bringing Gazans to the US?
« on: February 10, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »
This slipped under the radar...or the MSM ignored it. Fascinating. $20.3 million, huh?

I'm sure if they bring a bunch here, they'll check them for Hamas ties. Of course they will. Right?

Presidential Determination No. 2009-15 of January 27,

Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs
Related To Gaza

Memorandum for the Secretary of State

By the authority vested in me by the Constitution and
the laws of the United States, including section
2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of
1962 (the ``Act''), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601), I
hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the
Act, that it is important to the national interest to
furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not to
exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency
Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose
of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration
needs, including by contributions to international,
governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and
payment of administrative expenses of Bureau of
Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department
of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian
refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.

You are authorized and directed to publish this
memorandum in the Federal Register.

(Presidential Sig.)

THE WHITE HOUSE,

Washington, January 27, 2009

[FR Doc. E9-2488
Filed 2-3-09; 8:45 am]

Billing code 4710-10-P

http://frwebgate1.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/TEXTgate.cgi?WAISdocID=275931296668+0+1+0&WAISaction=retrieve
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:59:47 AM by Manedwolf »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: So are they bringing Gazans to the US?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 10:50:33 AM »
This slipped under the radar...or the MSM ignored it. Fascinating. $20.3 million, huh?

I'm sure if they bring a bunch here, they'll check them for Hamas ties. Of course they will. Right?

Funding humanitarian or refugee efforts doesn't automatically mean they can immigrate to the US under refugee status.  If they are a member or associated with a group on the list of official terrorist groups maintained by the State Dept, they are not technically eligible for refugee status (when it comes to US immigration). 

We already do give foreign aid to Palestine, roughly $0.3 million per day.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »
Funding humanitarian or refugee efforts doesn't automatically mean they can immigrate to the US under refugee status.  If they are a member or associated with a group on the list of official terrorist groups maintained by the State Dept, they are not technically eligible for refugee status (when it comes to US immigration). 

We already do give foreign aid to Palestine, roughly $0.3 million per day.

You meant the "Palestinian Territories", I take it.

And I would believe that if about 44,000 Somalians hadn't been admitted to the US as refugees since the end of 2001.

On this, I'll wait and see. I'd just also like to see where that $20.3 million is going, given that even the UN has admitted that Hamas is stealing the relief supplies. Millions for more rockets doesn't seem like a very good idea.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:01:58 AM by Manedwolf »

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:10:24 AM »
Damn. I must find a way to become a Palestinian, stat.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »

And I would believe that if about 44,000 Somalians hadn't been admitted to the US as refugees since the end of 2001.

Ask the folks up in Lewiston, Maine about that one. They should be experts by now.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »

On this, I'll wait and see. I'd just also like to see where that $20.3 million is going, given that even the UN has admitted that Hamas is stealing the relief supplies. Millions for more rockets doesn't seem like a very good idea.

Palestine, Palestinian Territories, doesn't matter to me.  I honestly don't care what they call it.

I could easily see us accepting a large number of Palestinians, much to my displeasure.  We have plenty of good hardworking folks waiting in line to try to immigrate.  I'd prefer to accept every person like MB or Viking long before I'd accept a refugee from anywhere.  But odds are folks like MB or Viking will indeed get screwed, but folks from third world will ride in on a refugee visa.  Sigh

Damn. I must find a way to become a Palestinian, stat.

Like a State Department weenie knows the difference between Hebrew and Arabic?   Wear one of those scarfs, speak really fast, and mumble "Death to the Zionist imperialists" every once in a while.   You'll slip right through
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.