Author Topic: Destroying Democracy: what's your game plan?  (Read 1139 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Destroying Democracy: what's your game plan?
« on: October 26, 2022, 10:34:14 PM »
After we win the midterms, what are YOU going to do to destroy democracy? We all need to chip in, fellas, or democracy wins.

Let's hear your ideas, and what you're committed to doing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Destroying Democracy: what's your game plan?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 06:55:18 AM »
Well, I'm going to continue to exercise my white patriarchy and I'm going to work even harder to suppress the non-PPW* vote.

I guess maybe I should even work to suppress the wimminz and keep them from voting if I really want to crush democracy.

*Pale and Pasty White
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 08:45:22 AM »
I'm going to celebrate the death of "wokeness."  But leading up to the election, I'm boosting my morale by remembering that my one stinky little legal vote will at least cancel out one fraudulent vote.

That means a lot to me.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 09:02:18 AM »
I voted early this past Monday when the polls opened for "early voting."

Pretty long ballot, lots of Federal, state and local races from U.S. Representative down to various judges and commissioners. Also some bond issues for my city and three totaling about 750 million dollars for the school district. Not one vote went for a Democrat at any level. (One minor office had no R in the race, just a D and an L. I voted for the L.)

Over HALF my property tax already goes to the schools, taxes went up this year, and with all properties being reappraised, annual increases are locked in for the next several years. And the bastards still want MORE.

I know HS football is practically a religion in Texas, but they want $93,000,000 to build a HS football stadium. NINETY THREE MILLION SCHOOL DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ACADEMICS!   :facepalm:   :mad:

So I did my part to destroy democracy by voting against all bond issues.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 10:06:35 AM »
Quit my job, stop bathing, live under a sheet of visqueen in a park, and steal food from the grocery store. When someone gets caught breaking a law, I'll start fires and break windows.

7-11 was a part time job.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 10:15:39 AM »
"visqueen"

I had to look that up. Never heard of that term before.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 10:22:24 AM »
"visqueen"
I had to look that up. Never heard of that term before.

You'll need to know about that when all of us angry conservatives break your windows
7-11 was a part time job.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 10:30:40 AM »
I know HS football is practically a religion in Texas, but they want $93,000,000 to build a HS football stadium. NINETY THREE MILLION SCHOOL DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ACADEMICS!

But..but...but... FUUTSBALLZ!!! Waiting for the zealots to chime in telling you how football/sports is self supporting and brings in money to the system.

Serious indicator of a severely broken  "public education system" when the highest paid school employee in the state is a *expletive deleted*ing football coach.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 10:33:53 AM »
"But..but...but... FUUTSBALLZ!!! Waiting for the zealots to chime in telling you how football/sports is self supporting and brings in money to the system."

Yeah, I suspect high school football is just a little different than college ball in that respect.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 11:04:11 AM »
I'm going to bitch on Facebook. Maybe twice.

Then actually not do anything else.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 11:12:49 AM »
I'm just gonna keep wearing my "Ultra MAGA" t-shirt everywhere. Not that it makes much difference in these parts. I might get some kind of an extremist t-shirt. Or maybe a hat since it's jacket weather for the next 6 months.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 11:38:37 AM »
But..but...but... FUUTSBALLZ!!! Waiting for the zealots to chime in telling you how football/sports is self supporting and brings in money to the system.

Serious indicator of a severely broken  "public education system" when the highest paid school employee in the state is a *expletive deleted*ing football coach.
I got a lot of grief on a local bulletin board some years back by pointing out that the University of Texas Longhorns hadn't won a college championship since the head coach's salary reached the $5,000,000 mark.  :rofl: (I enjoyed trolling the zealots. And I wasn't the only one.  >:D  )

I don't think high school football is anywhere near as lucrative as college football -if it were, they wouldn't need a bond issue to build a stadium.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 11:53:07 AM »
SWMBO and I went to the sheriff's office this morning and renewed our racist CCW permits.  That's my contribution so far to destroying democracy.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 12:55:20 PM »
SWMBO and I went to the sheriff's office this morning and renewed our racist CCW permits.  That's my contribution so far to destroying democracy.

I think my public massacre permit is up for renewal next year...

Yep, October 2023.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 12:57:49 PM »
I'm going to be a white, cisgendered heterosexual.

The most evil archetype to ever exist.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 01:25:29 PM »
Rs and Nos

I rarely do that.

It felt good.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2022, 03:12:18 PM »
We went to the DMV and didn't get Real ID.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2022, 04:41:35 PM »

I'm sorry, I don't think we've met.  Who are  you again?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2022, 05:11:26 PM »
Hey, at least I don't need a permit to concealed carry here in Lousy-anna either!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2022, 05:13:08 PM »

I renewed my DL last week and had to get Real ID.  Without it, I can't fly out to Oregon to see family.  Sucks, really.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 05:15:34 PM »
I renewed my DL last week and had to get Real ID.  Without it, I can't fly out to Oregon to see family.  Sucks, really.

My next flight will be in an Air Life chopper, if anything, and I'm likely to wave even that off so no Real ID for me!
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2022, 05:26:52 PM »
I've got the little "Real ID" star on my TX DL and I don't even remember going through any special questioning or forms when I applied for it after moving to TX in 1996.

So far I haven't been accosted by anyone in uniform demanding "Papieren, Bitte" . . .

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2022, 06:18:49 PM »
I've got the little "Real ID" star on my TX DL and I don't even remember going through any special questioning or forms when I applied for it after moving to TX in 1996.

So far I haven't been accosted by anyone in uniform demanding "Papieren, Bitte" . . .

Ditto
Colorado
Not requested.
I had to ask what the star was for when I finally noticed it. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2022, 06:21:22 PM »
The Real ID Act was passed in 2005.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2022, 07:06:49 PM »
My ID says "not for federal purposes" in the upper right corner. Does that mean I have a fake ID?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?