Author Topic: El Ninio declared not to be the cause. FEMA slow to respond. Bush widely blamed.  (Read 2045 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
SoCal "breaks" it's drought by moving the top 6 inches or so of soil along with the runoff onto highways and into houses.

Texas drys it's recent rain/damp with a couple of wildfires.

Flash flood warnings from SoCal to AZ to the east and into CO to the north.

Multiple cold fronts streaming eastward with freeze/frost warnings going up as far south as St. Louis.

Questions:

Was the APS Bunker moved to higher ground and properly anchored?

Has the Bunker been adequately stocked with heating fuel and firewood?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Multiple cold fronts streaming eastward with freeze/frost warnings going up as far south as St. Louis.

See, you heathens? Jesus listens when I pray.  :angel:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
And this is the real reason why we need a new republican president.

I'm getting tired of blaming Bush for everything. It's monotonous and always sounds vaguly dirty.
Which of the candidates has the best name that will last a solid 8 years, minimum, for blaming purposes?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...

That's because he wants you to live a long, long, life and postpone the moment you enter heaven and break everything.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?

You prayed for your ass to be frozen to a flagpole?

And why are you keeping Jesus from finishing mowing the lawn to listen to your ravings?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

griz

• friend

I'm getting tired of blaming Bush for everything. It's monotonous and always sounds vaguly dirty.
Which of the candidates has the best name that will last a solid 8 years, minimum, for blaming purposes?

You know, the protesters could save a lot of money  if they could just trot out the old Bush signs from the last go round.  But something tells me they are almost salivating at the chance to print up a "Dump Trump" sign. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• friend
That's because he wants you to live a long, long, life and postpone the moment you enter heaven and break everything.

Probably.

http://people.wku.edu/haiwang.yuan/China/tales/monkey.html

Hawkmoon

• friend

FISTFUL FOR PRESIDENT!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
That reminds me... how's He doin' on that furnace thing?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
That reminds me... how's He doin' on that furnace thing?

I think he still has his eyebrows.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
I think he was suspicious of everyone telling him to disconnect and vent his gas line in the basement.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
I think he was suspicious of everyone telling him to disconnect and vent his gas line in the basement.

I was, after I woke up.

Chuck Dye

• friend
Take look at

http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm.

El Niño has an enye, ñ, is a separate letter in Spanish.

The code is 241 but to get into APS needs a leading 0.  Hold the alt key, type 0241 and admire your result.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

zxcvbob

• friend

I'm getting tired of blaming Bush for everything. It's monotonous and always sounds vaguely dirty.

That's the one good thing about it.  :)  It might even be a reason to vote for "Jeb!"
"It's good, though..."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Take look at

http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm.

El Niño has an enye, ñ, is a separate letter in Spanish.

The code is 241 but to get into APS needs a leading 0.  Hold the alt key, type 0241 and admire your result.

Spanish tilde Nazi!

stay safe.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
I just do a search on any oddball character, then copy and paste it to my post.

Sample:

Search for "wiki +paragraph symbol" yields:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilcrow

Then I paste and copy that symbol from the wiki article into my post.

¶  <That' a pilcrow.

§  < And that's a Section symbol.

I saved a whole bunch of these with a shortcut to the list so I can just pluck 'em off my shortcutted list.

Sample (Informal partial list in my Notepad shortcut.  If I had been smart, I would have put the list in Word because Notepad doesn't pick up some of them, like the arrows. For some of those, I added a link to where they were):

OFT-USED SPECIAL SYMBOLS IN NOTEPAD

Down arrow ( ? )  See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_(symbol)#Arrows_in_Unicode
degree ( ° )
micro µ
bullet ( • )
DIVISION SYMBOL (obelus) ( ÷ )
pilcrow ( ¶ )
section sign ( § )
SLASHED ZERO  Ã˜

I use the slashed zero a lot for ham call signs: W something Ø something something something.  (I had a hard time finding a call sign that wasn't used.  :rofl: )

Simple, easy, no need to pore through a symbol table for your frequently-used ones.

Terry, 230ЯÑ
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:11:17 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
¡ jÚšŧ ũşĕ ŵĭħďôŵŝ ćĦÃ¥ŕãċţęŗ ɱǻþ
I also gave the ½ and ¼ characters memorized as ALT-171 and ALT-172.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

grampster

• friend

Cruising along with Cruz sounds good to me.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

zxcvbob

• friend
¡ jÚšŧ ũşĕ ŵĭħďôŵŝ ćĦÃ¥ŕãċţęŗ ɱǻþ
I also gave the ½ and ¼ characters memorized as ALT-171 and ALT-172.

How long did it take for you to write that? :)
"It's good, though..."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Not long at all.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!