Author Topic: Kids Having Fun in NYC  (Read 1049 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Kids Having Fun in NYC
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »
I would have been hitting the gas and getting the hell out of Dodge.  That was a very dangerous place to be.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 03:55:53 PM »
Why not be a delinquent?  The police might arrest them, but they would just be let go later.  No consequences.  Probably wouldn't even be charged. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
The supply of crime is going up. 

Maybe the price will come down even more.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 11:40:53 PM »
I would have been hitting the gas and getting the hell out of Dodge.  That was a very dangerous place to be.
SO many people in vehicles being assaulted by a violent mob forget where the gas pedal is . . . :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »
SO many people in vehicles being assaulted by a violent mob forget where the gas pedal is . . . :facepalm:

I think it's clear that I'm a proponent of vehicles as defensive weapons. I wonder, however, what would have happened to this elderly couple vis-a-vis the NYC and NY state legal system, had they run over any "innocent children" while escaping the danger.

ETA: I just saw a news report. It wasn't an elderly couple, but rather a thirtysomething and his elderly mother. They were returning home from a trip donating to charity. Supposedly the guy had slowed down for traffic and one of the biking kids ran into the back of his car, which purportedly started their attack. The news said one of the "kids", a 15-year old, had been found and arrested for criminal mischief. The mob had apparently also done the same thing to another driver right after they finished with these victims.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:44:43 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 02:32:57 PM »
Turn the wheel hard left, dump the clutch, make a few donuts and egress

Scott Metro

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »
Ah...it's why God made Glocks.  :O

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 06:28:06 PM »
Ah...it's why God made Glocks.  :O

Not in NYC.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 07:52:06 PM »
 speaking as a native new yorker, I can tell you what happened.
  the yute on his bike was probably working as some kind of deliverer app thing, growing up around ny
 no one teaches you basic driving courtesy and law, the kid believes that him driving into the back of the car-is the drivers fault!
 he doesn't know what brake lights are or the dangers of tailgating.
the yute probably thought that the driver did it on purpose or was not paying attention.
 they're lucky they didn't get run down, there is a video of a chinese guy running over motorcyclist out of fear, he totally got away with it.

I would love to go back for a spell, I know my way around really good and now know how to drive and could make money pretty easily sitting in a pickup truck and letting the clients load/unload.

however I know all to well how dangerous it is and will become
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."