Author Topic: Thank GOD the Dems are focusing on big problems in the upcoming Congress!  (Read 2132 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I was just reading about that. I am unfamiliar with enforcement of such "rules". Can reps be punished in some way for saying "man" and "woman"? Otherwise if I were an R or a non-crazy D, I would go out of my way to flaunt that rule.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Just start referring to all dems as Comrade. Problem solved.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
That would be hilarious.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis

Most of them probably wouldn't bat an eye.  They would think it was an appropriate salutation.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
I was just reading about that. I am unfamiliar with enforcement of such "rules". Can reps be punished in some way for saying "man" and "woman"? Otherwise if I were an R or a non-crazy D, I would go out of my way to flaunt that rule.

As of now it does not restrict speech of members, it restricts language in house documents and offices. As in their office of omsbudsman is no more. It's an omsbud.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
This is the same kind of asinine lunacy that resulted in "manhole covers" becoming "vertical subterranean access corridor closure devices."    :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
As of now it does not restrict speech of members, it restricts language in house documents and offices. As in their office of omsbudsman is no more. It's an omsbud.

Or an ombudscreature.

What's Nancy going to propose as a replacement for "Madam Speaker" -- Mx Speaker"? (Pronounced -- I guess -- as "Mix Speaker.")
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Or an ombudscreature.

What's Nancy going to propose as a replacement for "Madam Speaker" -- Mx Speaker"? (Pronounced -- I guess -- as "Mix Speaker.")

Ma'am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-boxer-offers-no-apology-for-rebuking-brigadier-general-who-called-her-maam
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
Or an ombudscreature.

Comrade Speaker
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"What's Nancy going to propose as a replacement for "Madam Speaker""

Your Hideous Bitchness...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
"What's Nancy going to propose as a replacement for "Madam Speaker""

Your Hideous Bitchness...

That bitch Carole Baskin Nancy Pelosi.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
The navy was trying to get us to say "flight station" instead of cockpit ten years ago. Didn't work.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
1984 newspeak debasement of language.  It is a cognitive hazard.

Just say no to newspeak.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Yeah, well - here you go on day 1:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1345866081815187459

Clown show.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
The navy was trying to get us to say "flight station" instead of cockpit ten years ago. Didn't work.

I had a looooong conversation with a female O4 once explaining that the word cockpit has no relation to genitalia, and while she could be offended if she wanted, it only made her look uneducated.

MechAg94

• friend

Clown show.
It sounds like he didn't know who he was praying to either.  Not sure it matters at that point.  It is already a parody.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
Side note: One of the more annoying things that Christian's (and Muslims, don't know about Jews) do is claim that all the Gods of the people they run into are the same, and they are really praying to the Christian god, just with a different name.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
FTR, my post above was specifically making fun of "A-men" and "A-women".

There's limited context. Maybe he was actually making fun of the stupid gender rules versus embracing them.

fifth_column

• friend

Clown show.

This guy single-handedly brings the average IQ of congress down to 3 . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

dogmush

• friend
Is he a congressman, or do they have a chaplain of some kind?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Is he a congressman, or do they have a chaplain of some kind?

He's apparently both.

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver
@repcleaver
·
21h
I was honored to deliver the opening prayer for the 117th Congress. May God bless each and every Representative with the courage and wisdom to defend our democracy and the liberties we all hold so dearly

WLJ

• friends
What? No A-Trans? I'm triggered.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Side note: One of the more annoying things that Christian's (and Muslims, don't know about Jews) do is claim that all the Gods of the people they run into are the same, and they are really praying to the Christian god, just with a different name.
I think that applies if the people they run into are monotheistic, but not if there's an entire pantheon including multiple gods.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJpd_CaAX-7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
I liked this meme.  Germany will not be renamed to Gerwomany.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge