Author Topic: Proud Boy Arrest  (Read 1123 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Proud Boy Arrest
« on: January 05, 2021, 08:48:07 AM »
The head of the Proud Boys was arrested in DC. The "weapons charges" (for "high capacity magazines") are a separate issue, and I guess he's stuck with those. However, those are the charges that were added because he had the mags at the time of his arrest for... burning a BLM banner.

So he's arrested for burning a BLM banner, but hundreds of American Flags, Trump banners, etc. have been destroyed in DC with no arrests for those individuals? Yeah, unity.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/proud-boys-head-arrested-in-dc-after-admitting-to-burning-blm-banner-last-month_3643677.html?utm_source=share-btn-copylink&st=EK0dZ8k7ft52-FnwyWfQLbSVM_9dJ9bFWQL3hnH1aW0nl39YUnXNEwF1moynSVw14psSPvXhDa8YzfWEckluJGGKvpCZQchmUaI
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Proud Boy Arrest
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 09:19:12 AM »
I can't see the article, but the headline says "last month".  Did someone decide to arrest him for something he did weeks ago?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scott Metro

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:24:59 AM »
Things are not going to go well. Strap in, hold on. And remember, it's "Hard focus on the front sight, press the trigger straight to the rear".
Once a gunfighter, always a gunfighter.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 09:31:47 AM »
I can't see the article, but the headline says "last month".  Did someone decide to arrest him for something he did weeks ago?

Yes.

Washington police on Monday arrested the head of the Proud Boys on suspicion of burning a “Black Lives Matter” banner that was torn down from Asbury United Methodist Church in the nation’s capital last month.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

castle key

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 10:35:20 AM »
This scenario stinks of politics.

After 33 years of policing in DC I have a pretty good understanding of how this process works.

Getting a warrant for a misdemeanor, the destruction of property, is fairly straightforward, and it will be a non extraditable warrant, meaning that it is only valid in DC, not surrounding jurisdictions. Such a crime is prosecuted by the US Attorney's Office for DC; in other words, the US DOJ is well aware of the statement of facts. The firearms charge, a large magazine, is also prosecuted by the USAO-DC. Both cases will be heard in DC Superior Court. The warrant was signed by a DC Superior Court judge.

Two things interest me.

Allegedly, the defendant was arrested on a traffic stop as he entered DC, apparently with the officers knowing who he was and that he had an open warrant. For the police to be able to spot this guy as he enters DC, rather than just stumbling across him, indicates that he was being tracked.... perhaps something popped up through his airline reservations. I find it chilling that the police will go to such lengths to track and arrest a person for a minor offense, an offense so minor that the arrest must happen in DC. Regardless of one's opinion about this guy, he was clearly on his way to a 1st Amendment activity, albeit one not popular with many in DC. That is an awful abuse.

Regarding the large capacity magazines..... These are illegal in DC, even if not in proximity to a firearm or even unloaded. This metal or plastic box with a spring in it is that dangerous! These are so dangerous by themselves that NBC Newsreader David Gregory used one as a prop in December 2012 for a piece attacking the NRA! The courts declined to pursue charges for this similar crime.

This situation stinks.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 10:40:18 AM »
Things are not going to go well. Strap in, hold on. And remember, it's "Hard focus on the front sight, press the trigger straight to the rear".
Once a gunfighter, always a gunfighter.

This is 2021.  Use optics.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 11:10:54 AM »
Castle Key, thanks for that analysis. Knowing your background, that is an incredibly large plate full of food for thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 11:37:37 AM »
I heard comments that Dems are concerned about the protest/gathering in D.C. this week.  I am sure this will make all the Proud Boys go away now.   ;/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 01:07:34 PM »
Tomorrow's rally/protest in DC has the potential to be a monumental, full on, rodeo shitshow.
I'm glad I stocked up on popcorn.
 [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 01:18:57 PM »
Tomorrow's rally/protest in DC has the potential to be a monumental, full on, rodeo shitshow.
I'm glad I stocked up on popcorn.
 [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Popcorn? Why not momcorn, you patriarchal sexist!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 01:35:18 PM »
Popcorn? Why not momcorn, you patriarchal sexist!

A(wo)men to that.

:P
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 02:51:57 PM »
Can't confirm it and can't find a story, but apparently they arrested him the instant he entered DC, and the only way they would have known is if they were tracking him.

[tinfoil]
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

castle key

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 03:57:07 PM »
https://wtop.com/dc/2021/01/court-docs-in-church-sign-burning-cite-proud-boys-leaders-own-words-memes/

Released from custody but banned from the entire District of Columbia until his next court appearance scheduled for June.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2021, 10:40:24 PM »
So he was just randomly in possession of "high capacity" magazines?  After a flight.  Because he suddenly developed a 70 IQ,  and decided to pack his mags but no weapon for the trip to DC?

If you believe that,  you can go sit on the "The election was a flawless example of our democracy working" bench with dittohead.

Coupled with the obvious tracking,  this stinks to high heaven.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2021, 11:47:21 PM »
So he was just randomly in possession of "high capacity" magazines?  After a flight.  Because he suddenly developed a 70 IQ,  and decided to pack his mags but no weapon for the trip to DC?

If you believe that,  you can go sit on the "The election was a flawless example of our democracy working" bench with dittohead.

Coupled with the obvious tracking,  this stinks to high heaven.

The charges were from a previous incident.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.