Author Topic: Damn You Marshmallow and Amazon!  (Read 1433 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Damn You Marshmallow and Amazon!
« on: June 04, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »
Just got the Marshmallow update this morning for my phone, and now I lost almost all of my Amazon offline playlists. One playlist came through intact, but the others all show either zero songs or a few songs where there should be like 20 or 30. I'll take part of the blame for not fully synching to my Amazon online library, however many of the songs are in wmv from back when I converted my CDs to digital and Amazon doesn't let you put those on the cloud, and many just followed me on the SD card through several phones.

I think what happened is that Marshmallow changed default storage location pointers. The S5 phone has that funky "internal" SD-like memory, separate from the SD card. Of course I'm leaving to go fishing tomorrow and wanted to listen to my offline music on the road. Now I have to spend a couple of hours remembering what songs I had on what playlists, and putting them all back together. Rats.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Damn You Marshmallow and Amazon!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:46:49 PM »
You has problem with Apples fone? That unpossible.

And what does Veronica have to do with it?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »
You has problem with Apples fone? That unpossible.

And what does Veronica have to do with it?

Samsung, yo.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 11:41:18 PM »
That's why I use Google Play for my playlists. Never had any problems....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 06:16:43 AM »
Samsung, yo.

Is marshmallow the newest update?

I usually run one update behind just to avoid those problems.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 09:46:34 AM »
Is marshmallow the newest update?

I usually run one update behind just to avoid those problems.

Yup.

I used to do the same when it was easier. Not sure if it's Verizon or Samsung, but the update notices for this and the last couple of in-version updates in Lollipop put Win10 to shame. When you say "no" they just reschedule it for zero dark thirty.

I do have to say this was a clean update for me other than the Amazon thing, but I've actually seen that happen before, so I'm pretty sure it's on Amazon. Otherwise Marshmallow looks to be a nice improvement. I actually have an extra gig of internal memory available now.

Lollipop on the other hand, was a disaster. From what I read at the time the biggest problems were on Verizon and the S5 (that would be me). I was ready to throw my phone away until Verizon released the first of several repair patches a few weeks later.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »
My droid razr on verzion did this about a week ago at 2-3 in the morning. No warning no nothing.
Facebook app kept freezing so I deleted it. No the phone won't let me reinstall it or any other app.
I get some sort of error, 24 i think. I can't figure out how to fix it.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 03:53:32 PM »
Not being able to re-install Facebook should be a feature, not a bug.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.