Author Topic: Biden's son kicked out of Navy for cocaine use  (Read 3326 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Biden's son kicked out of Navy for cocaine use
« on: October 16, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/hunter-biden-discharged-navy-cocaine-2014-10

I'm sure this will receive more coverage than when Bush's daughter were underage drinking, right? And much will be made of the sweet heart job his daddy landed him with Ukrainian energy co will be pointed out, right? Right guys?

Also, how long does coke stay in your system anyway, a day or two? He must've been railing lines while he was pissing or something.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Biden's son kicked out of Navy for cocaine use
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:06:58 PM »
72 hours after use was about the limit on urine detection IIRC from he urinalysis manual. So you gotta be a freaking idiot to get popped for coke and a freaking idiot to smoke weed which seems to linger the longest.

Oh, and you gotta be a complete idiot noob to think you're going to transfer commands and not get tested. Then there is the reserve thing, 20 days a month you can snort all you want, straighten on Monday the week before you go in. Or use a BS excuse and re-schedule your drill time if you know you're AFU. The scary part is that in his other life this guy is in charge of something. Couldn't think his way out of a paper bag.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 06:50:10 AM »
Hell if you come forward before popping hot and say you have a problem they will actually help you stop, if you wish to.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 07:01:42 AM »
I am pleased that he got booted, no special treatment .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 07:29:34 AM »
I am pleased that he got booted, no special treatment .

Me too, but why wasn't he prosecuted under UCMJ? Or given a dishonorable discharge?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 07:33:24 AM »
He became an officer at 43 years old. That seems unusual to me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 07:36:44 AM »
I could be wrong but I believe his treatment was typical . They usually just boot you. To get persecuted you have to have screwed up on top of getting high.
The discharge type thing always mystified me. I think a lot depends on co recommendation. Sadly I've known a lot of guys tossed out

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
Sounds like a deliberate ploy to get out of the Service.  (That's not an accusation, merely a supposition.)  I guess an "administrative" discharge does not affect his firearm so-called "rights."

Is anyone going to pursue the possession/sale back to its source?  IOW, where'd he get it?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:45:06 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »
Me too, but why wasn't he prosecuted under UCMJ? Or given a dishonorable discharge?

Not sure about Navy, but Army just kicks you out with an "other than honorable" on pissing hot. Administrative or general discharge is they really liked you, dishonorable or bad conduct discharge if you really pissed them off.  Mind you, this was in 2005 when I got out. Other time periods were more harsh, or more lenient. Smartest thing is indeed is to just toss folks out with an admin discharge. They don't need to be in the military with a drug habit, but you don't want to ruin their live with a BCD.

One, it burns people for the rest of their life. For smoking pot or snorting coke (theoretically) once? Politicians ARE that stupid (see low level drug offense incarceration rates), but even flag officers are not that stupid.
Two, it's more efficient. People generally don't fight an OTH, admin or general discharge. If they have a brain, they will fight a dishonorable or BCD.

Enlisted to officer at 43 is called "OCS" and normal. Civvie to PAO officer at 43 is unusual, but not impossible. If he was a doctor, shrink, chaplain or lawyer it'd be more normal. Public affairs office is where you stick morons or embarrassments, with a handful of competent people that are worked to death actually covering the load. Knew a lot of good PAO folks that were or wanted to be photographers, reporters or other news related professions. They were the very first to admit they had a lot of morons taking up slots.

Civvie to officer at 43, PAO and kicked out on drug charges say he was a political patronage officer. Thank the Gods that he snorted a drug of choice. I could care less about the "scoring political points against Biden".  He shouldn't have been even a Reserve Naval officer. DOD handled it appropriately.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 10:16:20 AM »

That ran across my mind as well. A man from my hometown who I went to school with, who didn't come from privilege or wealth, is about that age, and is a CO on an Arleigh-Burke Class destroyer.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 10:19:34 AM »
I suspect he was building an electable resume

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »
I suspect he was building an electable resume

Mission accomplished, as a Dem.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »
Civvie to officer at 43, PAO and kicked out on drug charges say he was a political patronage officer. Thank the Gods that he snorted a drug of choice. I could care less about the "scoring political points against Biden".  He shouldn't have been even a Reserve Naval officer. DOD handled it appropriately.

This.  DOD gave him a quick out, that he wouldn't fight.  (Because if you fight it you end up with a dishonorable discharge, which is basically a felony conviction).  Easy, quick and no paperwork.  Whatever motive he had for joining (I suspect CSD is correct) is thwarted, and everyone can go on about their lives.  With our current RIFing going on, I've seen a lot of this kind of thing on hot piss tests.  JAG basically says "We've got you, here's the evidence, you'll lose.  But if you save us the paperwork and time, and just go away we'll call it cool".

Quote from: 230RN
Is anyone going to pursue the possession/sale back to its source?  IOW, where'd he get it?

No. Despite Mark Harmon's best efforts DOD investigative services are overworked and understaffed.  Pretty much if no one died, or there wasn't sexual harassment, CID won't even come out. I assume NCIS is pretty much the same.  I couldn't even get CID to come out over $10,000 worth of stolen equipment this summer.

As a side note: Did you know if you "right click->search on Google" Rev's signature it'll crash the search bot?  Complete with picture of broken robot.  I guess Google is close enough to an AI that that stuff'll drive it insane, too.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »
I saw it on CNN's twitter feed.  But everyone knows it won't get the attention the Bush daughters' underage drinking did.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
Don't count on it remaining on Biden's son's record, since Biden's boss is POTUS.

IIRC, Jimmy Carter as POTUS instituted a policy so that marijuana-related discharges were upgraded . . . this was cheered by many. At least one story at the time noted that James Earl "Chip" Carter III, Jimmy's son, had his "general discharge" upgraded to "honorable" as a result of this policy change.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
My long-ago primary care physician grew tired of the bs paperwork of being a physician and joined the Army at 55 years of age. He had ten years in the Navy in the late '60s - early '70s as a machinist mate (SS). The Army sent him to a two-week "charm school" and made him a lieutenant colonel. He has done an overseas tour in Iraq in 2009. It's kind of funny to see him in his ACUs with his enlisted dolphins over the pocket.

He is a great American and I am proud to know him.

Russ

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 03:34:10 AM »
My long-ago primary care physician grew tired of the bs paperwork of being a physician and joined the Army at 55 years of age.

It should be noted that the military makes exceptions for needed skillsets.  They'll take a pickaxe to the rules to get a physician, and prior honorable service only helps.  Plus, 10 years back then might not be a retirement, but it means that he only needs to serve until 65(in a hospital setting), to retire with that 50% paycheck, high-3, probably as a full Colonel.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
Yep, for Medical types (Doctors and Nurses) there are practically no rules if you want to join, whether active or reserve.  Even less if you have a needed specialty.   When the Former Mrs. Scout was a NICU Nurse at Landstuhl in the late 1980's they offered her a direct commission to CPT.  She turned it down.

I know of a few doc and nurses that at did the "Charm School" thing.  They often had to be reminded to return salutes, what the various ranks are, and not to call people by their first names.   

There might a couple other fields that do that (Lawyers/JAG officers, at times; Chaplins; and occasionally CPA's/Finance.), but otherwise it's really rare.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
^^^I was cruised for this by the Army right out of chemistry graduate school to join the Chemical Corps with a direct commission to first lieutenant.  I don't know how the heck they got my name and found me to try and recruit me.  In later years, the same thing happened with the Navy to get me to work for the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery in DC for their patient safety division.  I cannot recall if they were offering a direct commission as a full lieutenant or a lieutenant commander.  I know of a whole lot of physicians who got direct commissions at the O-5 level and above into the armed services.  Especially if you are an experienced surgical specialty (ortho, urology, thoracic, etc), you can pretty much write your own ticket.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
When I had a sick roommate in the military I met some docs like that I will never forget. In a very good way

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 06:28:08 PM »
The scary part is that in his other life this guy is in charge of something. Couldn't think his way out of a paper bag.

He's the son of Somebody.  It's the way the world works.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »
The scary part is that in his other life this guy is in charge of something. Couldn't think his way out of a paper bag.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

If you think that's scary, consider that his father is next in line to be President of the United States if anything happens to the Big O.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »

If you think that's scary, consider that his father is next in line to be President of the United States if anything happens to the Big O.

3rd in line don't inspire much confidence either.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
Given all the cuts that are happening, he probably could have just taken an early out and got a nice separation check from Uncle Sugar and an Honorable Discharge, instead of this.

Well, like father like son.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »

Why do you think O picked him?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!