Author Topic: New Mexico and Illegal Border Crossing  (Read 3312 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
New Mexico and Illegal Border Crossing
« on: April 19, 2019, 09:07:01 AM »
Interesting couple of stories out of NM:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-declares-state-of-emergency-over-influx-of-migrants-report
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-right-wing-militia-detains-migrants-at-gunpoint-until-border-patrol-arrives

From what I can tell, the NM Governor removed National Guard troops from the border because Trump, and now at least this one county is being overwhelmed by illegal border crossing.

Part of the "citizens taking matters into their own hands" solution appears to be stuff like the militia in the second link.

More of the same disconnect with progressives: It's not a problem because it's not in their backyard, and the people whose backyards it's in are "overreacting".

One thing I will note on the militia: While I understand people getting frustrated enough to take care of things themselves, I will say the same thing  I say regarding LEOs - covering your face is not a good look if you are a good guy. Also names like "Viper" don't help perception.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: New Mexico and Illegal Border Crossing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 09:29:37 AM »
The militia guys should identify with medieval type names for the media.

Roger the protector

Loyal Sam

William the American

Faithful Joe of New Mexico

:P

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 12:44:20 PM »
The militia guys should identify with medieval type names for the media.

Roger the protector

Loyal Sam

William the American

Faithful Joe of New Mexico

:P

Elric the Enchanter

Mordecai

Vlad the Impaler

Taking names from faux medieval science fiction/fantasy would be entirely appropriate, in my estimation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »
Taking names from faux medieval science fiction/fantasy would be entirely appropriate, in my estimation.

My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 01:38:58 PM »
My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

NI!

I need an AR lower that says Ni! for SA and Ni! Ni! Ni! for FA
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 01:51:11 PM »
If the <expletive> "authorities" were doing their <expletive> jobs, there wouldn't be any need for citizens to form a border militia.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 03:16:32 PM »
NI!

I need an AR lower that says Ni! for SA and Ni! Ni! Ni! for FA

"Safe", "Ni!" and "Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing!"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 03:22:50 PM »

Even better.
Wish I had the money for a custom lower right now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »
Even more topic drift:  saw one a while back that had "Safe" and "Fill your hands you son of a bitch" for the selector settings.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 03:52:39 PM »

I smell a group buy !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 03:53:44 PM »
Even more topic drift:  saw one a while back that had "Safe" and "Fill your hands you son of a bitch" for the selector settings.

That would be even more awesome if it had "Bold Talk" for safe, and Fill Your Hands..." for fire.

The Google tells me York Arms offers those as a custom lower, but they are proud of them.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »
Custom lower that came into my local gun shop
Some may not consider this work safe

https://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/WLJohnson1/20170422_135100_zpshpvrwzm5.jpg

Let me know if this link works PB seems to acting dumber than usual today.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 04:26:12 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 05:02:08 PM »

https://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/WLJohnson1/20170422_135100_zpshpvrwzm5.jpg

Let me know if this link works PB seems to acting dumber than usual today.

Link works for me.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 05:08:38 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 08:35:03 AM »
Can’t link from the Reuter’s article but it appears that the FBI has arrested the leader of the group. Felon in possession of a weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 09:09:45 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia/fbi-arrests-leader-of-armed-group-stopping-migrants-in-new-mexico-idUSKCN1RW0O5

No mention of the what/when regarding the details of the felony conviction.

I would think militias would have a similar component in their membership as the Ku Klux Klan ie Federal Agents.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 10:09:14 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia/fbi-arrests-leader-of-armed-group-stopping-migrants-in-new-mexico-idUSKCN1RW0O5

No mention of the what/when regarding the details of the felony conviction.

I would think militias would have a similar component in their membership as the Ku Klux Klan ie Federal Agents.

I find it interesting that the State of New Mexico declared an emergency over the influx if illegal immigrants, then went after (or encouraged the Feds to go after) the group that was trying to do something to alleviate the problem. A cynical person might almost conclude that the governor wants the problem rather than the solution.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 10:34:34 AM »
A cynical person might almost conclude that the governor wants the problem rather than the solution.

I'm still going with NIMBY. The governor, just like people in San Francisco, Portland, NYC, etc., lives away from the problem, even if it's in her state. It's easy for her to take the progressive stance from the governor's mansion, versus New Mexicans who are living on the border and that have to live with the consequences.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »
I wonder about "felony," too.  Could mean he got caught peeing in the alley after the bar closed or bouncing a check supposedly on purpose.

I'm sure most Lefties would like to see everything made a felony except for voter fraud.

Some famous writer made some comments on not being able to control an innocent man person.

I think you know which writer.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:58:45 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2019, 12:49:22 PM »
I'm still going with NIMBY. The governor, just like people in San Francisco, Portland, NYC, etc., lives away from the problem, even if it's in her state. It's easy for her to take the progressive stance from the governor's mansion, versus New Mexicans who are living on the border and that have to live with the consequences.
Yeah, people who don't have to personally deal with border issues don't seem to be particularly sympathetic to those who do. As an example, IIRC, during the Obama administration, there were a few stories about bullets from Mexico zipping across the border into some USA border town.

Most of the official angst about this seemed to center around their concerns that Americans might start shooting back across the border.

And . . . the media seems to be soft-pedaling an incident where Mexican military confronted and threatened US military in America.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexican-troops-drew-weapons-on-american-soldiers-on-u-s-side-of-the-border
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 07:52:31 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 09:11:28 PM »
Not Nuevo Mexico, but in Tejas it seems a bunch of Mexican army dudes didn't understand that the Rio Grande is the border, and they committed an act of armed aggression against American soldiers on American soil: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexican-troops-drew-weapons-on-american-soldiers-on-u-s-side-of-the-border

It's really far beyond the point where the Commander-in-Chief should be deploying Marine Expeditionary Units and tanks along the southern border.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 11:42:05 PM »
Not Nuevo Mexico, but in Tejas it seems a bunch of Mexican army dudes didn't understand that the Rio Grande is the border, and they committed an act of armed aggression against American soldiers on American soil: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexican-troops-drew-weapons-on-american-soldiers-on-u-s-side-of-the-border

It's really far beyond the point where the Commander-in-Chief should be deploying Marine Expeditionary Units and tanks along the southern border.

Hasn't this happened before?  I mean pretty much exactly the same thing, about a year ago.

I'm not familiar with MEUs, but I agree with tanks and attack helicopters.  Mexican army dudes should have been taken prisoner (not that the two US solders were in a position to do that by themselves)
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 12:38:43 AM »
It doesn't have to be MEUs. I'd settle for a couple of Army Ranger battalions and maybe a couple of SEAL teams. Maybe with some armored cavalry tossed into the mix.