Author Topic: Home invasion in Minneapolis suburb  (Read 778 times)

thebaldguy

• friends
Home invasion in Minneapolis suburb
« on: November 28, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »
This homeowner in a Minneapolis suburb defended his home with a firearm. This happened on Monday. It's a sad comment on crime in the Minneapolis/St.Paul metro area.

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/839249.html

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Home invasion in Minneapolis suburb
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 01:54:36 PM »
"You are in your own house," Aldrich said. "You have a right to defend yourself and protect yourself."
Not all the po-po are evil I guess...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »
...Whaley said he grabbed the loaded .22-caliber single-shot rifle that he keeps near his bed....
shocked

crt360

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 02:08:08 PM »
It's a good thing he made that first shot count.  I'm pretty sure there's a thread or 3000 on THR that go into great detail as to the uselessness of Mr. Whaley's weapon of choice for HD.  smiley
For entertainment purposes only.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »
...Whaley said he grabbed the loaded .22-caliber single-shot rifle that he keeps near his bed....
shocked

The headline...Coon Rapids man kills home invader

With the name of his town and the type of rifle, I wonder if he keeps a redbone or bluetick hound under the porch?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 10:55:58 AM »
It's a good thing he made that first shot count.  I'm pretty sure there's a thread or 3000 on THR that go into great detail as to the uselessness of Mr. Whaley's weapon of choice for HD.  smiley

It very nearly was, as he could have easily missed, given the stresses involved.  I'm sure we don't need to hash out why the single-shot .22 is one of the poorer choices among HD firearms.  That being said, any gun can be a deterrent just by intimidation factor. 

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 12:50:23 PM »
Obviously the blame doesn't rest on the gun for this one, it's that Street of his.  Provokes folks to killing it does...  rolleyes

This isn't the first shooting on Bittersweet St. NW.

Just over a year ago, a Coon Rapids man was charged with shooting his father-in-law just a block away from the Whaley house.

Michael L. Bethke, 50, had argued with William H. Dosh Jr., 70, over the messy kitchen in Dosh's home in the 11800 block of Bittersweet.

Bethke shot Dosh and was later charge with intentional second-degree murder.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."