Author Topic: Police tazer snake to save man  (Read 1370 times)

griz

• friend
Police tazer snake to save man
« on: December 02, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »
This seemed a bit too off topic fot THR, and I was afraid it would take a cop bashing turn there.

Basically a mans snake was eating his arm and an officer used a tazer to stop it.  Sounded like a good idea to me, what do you think?

Here is the article:
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=563168&postid=6800531
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Police tazer snake to save man
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »
I can't think of many other ways to accomplish this without killing the snake.  Would putting it under water get the snakes attention? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 04:25:41 PM »
I wonder if the snakebite victim got a shock too? You would think that he would. I know if a python was eating my hand I'd accept the shock to get it to turn loose, but I'd rather not grin

I don't know about snakes and water. I would think that any reptile would take a lot longer to be affected by being submerged than a mammal, having a slower respiratory system. Pythons in particular I know are at least periodically aquatic, so I'd expect they can normally go for quite a spell under water without coming up for air.

I liked this police officer's sanguine attitude...

Crilly was treated by paramedics at the scene for what Miller called "a nasty cut" on his hand. The snake was uninjured and remained at the home, Miller said. Crilly did not immediately return a message left at his home Thursday by The Associated Press. Miller said the incident was unique, but not especially scary. "Snakes don't bother me," he said...
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »
How ssssssssshocking. grin
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 05:37:23 PM »
The controversial part is, upon removing the snake from the arm, the police tazered it 10 more times, telling the reptile to "stand up and comply".  :evil:
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »
Yeah, but could it keep trying to eat his arm and squeeze his arm without continuing to breath.  The taser worked though.

laugh :laugh:Great comment Antibubba laugh
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 06:30:46 PM »
constrictor snakes have an extended air pipe that allows them to breathe while swallowing large animals
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 10:41:57 PM »
Man...  If a snake was eating my arm you can bet that I wouldn't call the cops and wait for them to show up and taser the thing off of me.  I think I'd head straight for the cleaver in the kitchen.  I wouldn't stop chopping until the snake-bits were too small hold on to me any longer.

It's one thing to keep a snake as a pet.  It's something else entirely to look out for the snake's welfare first while the darned thing is trying to eat you.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 11:11:43 PM »
it was his daughters snake, so maybe he didn't want it dead for that reason.
I am a little suspicious about the incident, I've never heard about this ever happening before and it's pretty common to hand feed snakes.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 04:38:17 AM »
The controversial part is, upon removing the snake from the arm, the police tazered it 10 more times, telling the reptile to "stand up and comply"

How do you cuff a snake? shocked
Actually I suspect that LEOs have a fair amount of practice cuffing snakes of the two legged variety police
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 04:47:49 AM »
You don't cuff 'em, you tie 'em into a knot.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Cosmoline

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »
Pet snakes have always left me scratching my head.  Esp. the big boas and pythons.  What's the point of having some feral reptile that *WILL* eat you if it can?  Is it to stay on guard or something? 

onions!

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 04:50:12 PM »
Only an eight footer?Geez!
Warm to hot water,alchohol(preferably cheap-don't waste the good stuff!),or even grabbing that glottis that Harold Tuttle alluded to.
BTDT
 grin

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 02:28:28 AM »
If that was me and my daughter got home the first thing she would say is, "What's for dinner?" And I'd say something like, "Well, I hear it TASTES like chicken!"

cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!