Author Topic: Step away from ....  (Read 714 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Step away from ....
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:01 AM »
Saw "Deja Vu" last night.  Right off, I knew it was a work of fiction, as Denzel Washington plays a caring, compassionate BAFTE agent.

OK, so much for the obligatory bashing.

There is enough electronics gear in use to wipe out the tin foil stockspiles!  Anyone who believes the .gov is plotting will love those scences.

But the best scene of all has to be Denzel pulling a pistol out of the level-3 retention holster of a cop sitting taking a break just outside the Emergency Room.  Denzel tells the cop and the EMT who was also on break to stand up and not do anything foolish. 

As the cop starts to get up, his hand moves forward.

Denzel aims center mass and tells the cop ---

wait for it --

"Step away from the donut."

That has got to be the best line in a movie ever.  Sorry, Mr. Eastwood, Mr. Bronson, and Mr. Wayne, but you have all been moved down a notch.

There is not much else to recommend the movie, but I would pay again just to hear that line one more time.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Step away from ....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:19:45 PM »
"Bad cop, no donut." police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:34:24 AM »
Maybe you just have to see it, but it doesn't sound that funny.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 12:43:31 PM »
My eldest daughter reviewed that movie for the newspaper she works for. She said it was pretty good so I believe her. She writes reviews for real people not the if it ain't artsy fartsy and have some kind of deep message only a bleeding heart pansy liberal could figure out crowd it isn't any good type of review.

That said I think the Step - away - from the doughnut line is hilarious. I'll probably rent the DVD when it comes out just to see that.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online