Author Topic: Wally World out of the gun business?  (Read 10144 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Wally World out of the gun business?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »
Stores like Wally World generally stock "basic" firearms - say a Remington 870 "Express" or a Winchester 94 in .30/30, .30/06, .270, and .308 rifles from both companies (usually in the cheapest version) and maybe a couple variations of 10/22. Sometimes a Savage 110 or a Mossberg would sneak into the gun case . . .

I'd love to find a NIB Winchester Model 94 - either at Wally World or any other retail gun outlet.  Rotsa ruck wif dat, especially since Winchester went Tango Uniform back in 2006.  Mossberg now makes a Winchester Model 94 clone, which I've been eyeballing rather closely...

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 03:58:30 PM »
Stores like Wally World generally stock "basic" firearms - say a Remington 870 "Express" or a Winchester 94 in .30/30, .30/06, .270, and .308 rifles from both companies (usually in the cheapest version) and maybe a couple variations of 10/22. Sometimes a Savage 110 or a Mossberg would sneak into the gun case . . .

I'd love to find a NIB Winchester Model 94 - either at Wally World or any other retail gun outlet.  Rotsa ruck wif dat, especially since Winchester went Tango Uniform back in 2006.  Mossberg now makes a Winchester Model 94 clone, which I've been eyeballing rather closely...

I got my hands on the Mossberg clone. Seems pretty well made, nice work to my eye. Pretty darn smooth on the lever throw...I'm probably going to pick one up sooner or later...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 03:59:01 PM »
if they carry the gun you want, you might as well buy it there. its no different then the same model at the gun store.

Money spent at a gun store is much more likely to be donated to NRA-ILA, and other political groups that preserve your RKBA.  Money spent at a gun store keeps that store alive, so it can continue to sell you the guns and accessories you can't buy at Wal-Mart.  Not to mention that Wal-Mart doesn't do a lot of gun-smithing and probably isn't a good source of info on where to find ranges, instruction, CCW classes, etc. 

the local gun store has sub-pare smithing, a crappy selection and jerks behind the counter. and as for donating to the NRA, well, i do that on my own.

Fair enough.  I was speaking in generalities. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 04:02:03 PM »
When Remington ran a $50 rebate a couple years ago, I got a clearance 870 Express Super Magnum there for $170, so the price ended up being $120 for a new shotgun.

I was not displeased by that occurence in the least.