Author Topic: Can Atheists Be Good Citizens?  (Read 10170 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Can Atheists Be Good Citizens?
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »
"now i have a question. how come anytime religion/atheism comes up, certain folks on here seem to be about ready to trade blows?
and as for the insults, errrr, BOTH sides of the argument has been trading them for some time."

Religion and politics.

The two topics most likely to turn otherwise rational people into raging lunatics.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2008, 04:03:31 PM »
i find that atheist don't generally assume others are also atheist. mostly because atheist are in the minority. where as christians are pretty commen to come across.

The atheists I've met generally assume that their faith in a different non-empirically provable belief system means they are intellectually superior to theists. Several of the atheist posters to this thread have demonstrated this very well.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »
The atheists I've met generally assume that their faith in a different non-empirically provable belief system means they are intellectually superior to theists. Several of the atheist posters to this thread have demonstrated this very well.

and some christians assume all atheist are rotten scumbags who don't believe in anything of value.

there are always two sides to a predjudice.

mike, that you for that reminder of a fundamental truth. *chuckle*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 04:08:35 PM »
I'm from the U.K, and while of course that alone makes it a different story, I can't ever recall meeting new people and them asking me about what Church I go to or what Religion I adhere to.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
OK, I don't have a very good feeling about where this is going to go.

So, I'm going to invoke the blessing my kind and benevolent God and close this thread.

For you athiests, I'll involke the blessing of my kind and benevolent Dog and close this thread.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »
You worship your dog?