Author Topic: I'm speachless. You're thoughts?  (Read 10158 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: I'm speachless. You're thoughts?
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2009, 10:28:36 PM »
i would never think that anyone on this site advocated taseing kids.  =)

I've known more than a few that were more than deserving. Of course 99% of the time the fault lies with the parents.
I wanted to get dog training collars for my kids but the wife wouldn't let me. =|
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Lee

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2009, 11:50:48 PM »
Don't you know that officer safety is paramount?  Physically challenging a 10 year old girls could of resulted in bruises and abrasions.

Seriously though, I suspect this isn't the first time the cops have been called to this house.  The mother is probably as crazy as the kid.

I think that single female head- of -households is a far greater problem these days than small cops.  Something is seriously wrong when a 10 year old cannot be controlled by her mother, and has no respect for cops. 

I fail to see what spanking has to do with anything.  If pain is the only way to get your 10 year old to behave, you waited about 8 years too long to do it, and/or have zero parenting skills now.     

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »
sorry guys, your right, i wouldn't know the situation and yeah it could be really bad and the cop correct. but i'm not sure i can watch a 10 year old get tased.  =(
Never seen a really nasty 10 year old in peak form, I take it?

The circumstances around this story are certainly a bit odd, but I don't have much problem with the cop's response.  Anyone who attacks or fights a cop has to expect the cop to fight back.  I don't have a problem with cops using tasers (or batons, or fists, or guns) when appropriate.  The cop doesn't appear to have used unreasonable force, he just responded in kind and as necessary to protect himself.

Morals of the story:  Keep your kid under control.  Don't kick cops in the balls.  (Heck, don't kick anyone, anywhere.)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2009, 01:55:08 AM »
I fail to see what spanking has to do with anything.  If pain is the only way to get your 10 year old to behave, you waited about 8 years too long to do it, and/or have zero parenting skills now.     

That's what spanking has to do with it.  You're right that the kid probably needs a father more than anything else, and spanking is no panacea, but a few spankings earlier in life would have taught the girl a few lessons about authority, disobedience and pain; before she had to learn it from a cop with a taser.   =(

On the subject of ten-year-olds in peak form:

There was a girl that we picked up on the Sunday school bus who'd throw fits from time to time.  Violent fits that our sweet, Sunday school teacher ladies weren't prepared to handle, so they'd call single mom to come pick her up.  One day, things got so bad they came upstairs to get the Marine and the Army vet (me) to take her out to the parking lot.  We had to carry her.  As in, both of us had to carry her - she was that wild. 

We wouldn't let her come any more for a while, but she's much better these days. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife