Author Topic: Headless Body and a Fenceless Border  (Read 10123 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Headless Body and a Fenceless Border
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/261191/headless-body-and-fenceless-border-mark-krikorian

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41883795/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

"CHANDLER, Ariz. — Authorities have determined a man who was stabbed and beheaded in a suburban Phoenix apartment was killed for stealing drugs from a Mexican cartel, in a gruesome example of drug cartel violence spilling over the border."

Unpossible! 

Doesn't the BATFE push enough guns over the border so they can kill each other in Mexico without having to come over here?

And in another note...
Jan Brewer: Prematurely Anti-Decapitationist
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Declaration Day

• friends
Re: Headless Body and a Fenceless Border
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »
Man, that's no way to get a head in life.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
He should have quit while he was ahead.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »
This is headed in the wrong direction.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:26:40 PM »
This is headed in the wrong direction.

True but it's nothing to lose your head over.

I wonder how high in the cartel you have to be to give that kind of go ahead to remove a head.
Look, tiny text!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »
Who's going to head up the investigation?
I promise not to duck.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »
He shouldn't have stuck his neck out and messed with the cartel's drugs.

Anyone else get an image of Javier Bardem on the loose?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:14:50 PM »
Take away from this incident:  Mess with the cartels and heads will roll.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »
Who's going to head up the investigation?

Probably the Head Detective.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »
A capital idea.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »
 :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »
What the *expletive deleted* is wrong with all of you? A man gets brutally murdered by a foreign drug cartel on our soil, his body mutilated and the only response is half a page of tasteless puns.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »
I guess they lost their heads. But come on. The guy was a suicidally stupid criminal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »
A man gets brutally murdered by a foreign drug cartel on our soil, his body mutilated and the only response is half a page of tasteless puns. What the *expletive deleted* is wrong with all of you?

I started it.  I'm not apologizing.  And to answer your question, you don't want to know.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:10:01 PM by Declaration Day »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »
What the *expletive deleted* is wrong with all of you? A man gets brutally murdered by a foreign drug cartel on our soil, his body mutilated and the only response is half a page of tasteless puns.

Had it been a reasonably innocent citizen brutally murdered I'm sure the response would have been different.
The "victim" if we can believe the report, suffered from a case of terminal stupidity.
The only thing I'm pissed about is that it happened on US soil.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »
Had it been a reasonably innocent citizen brutally murdered I'm sure the response would have been different.
The "victim" if we can believe the report, suffered from a case of terminal stupidity.
The only thing I'm pissed about is that it happened on US soil.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 08:36:05 PM »
I doubt this is the 1st, or even the 1001st time a foreign drug cartel has ordered a killing on US soil.  The Mexicans do seem to like beheading people though.  You'd think they were French.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 09:13:41 PM »
or al-qaeda.  [tinfoil]

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »
or al-qaeda.  [tinfoil]

What's the difference? Both are great fans of surrender.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »

Don't be so uptight; It's OK because he's not 'MMMMMURIKAN

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 11:56:48 PM »

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 12:41:52 AM »
Don't be so uptight; It's OK because he's not 'MMMMMURIKAN

You mean you hope he's not an American? I hope so, too. The article didn't say. I'd prefer that cartels be afraid to attack Americans, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/28/nation/la-na-missionary-shooting-20110128

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »

He stole drugs from a drug cartel.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't stealing the drugs to keep them off the streets. He deserved what he got imo. With displays of intelligence like that I'm sure he's wasn't at the head of his class.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »

If the man in question was not himself an associate of a brutal, foreign drug cartel I might feel more sympathy. The only reason he was executed on our soil is that he knew he was on the hot list in Mexico so he bugged out across the border. It's not like the cartel just picked a name at random out of the Phoenix phone book and sent the goons to wipe out the person to whom the name belonged.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »

Murders of criminals by criminals fit into the "good riddance" category, so the response is going to be quite different than if an innocent were the victim. And beheadings of criminals by criminals is not unique to Mexican cartels and jihadis. (I keep thinking of the Joe Pesci movie "8 Heads in a Duffle Bag.")

Note that one of the linked stories stated that the victim, Martin Alejandro Cota-Monroy, 38, stole 400 pounds of marijuana and meth from a drug cartel while telling the cartel that the drugs had been seized by the Border Patrol, and that Cota-Monroy had been known to traffic drugs for his sister's lover, known as "El Jefe."

I'd say there's a better-than-even chance that Cota-Monroy was Mexican, not American.

Criminal cartels are also businessmen, so they kill those who steal from them in order to keep down their . . . overhead . . . costs.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain