Author Topic: Govliquidation.com, anyone have experience?  (Read 10186 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Govliquidation.com, anyone have experience?
« on: March 05, 2013, 03:47:46 PM »
I've been looking at some of the local auctions on here, and wondering about possibly signing up and bidding on them. I'm primarily interested in selling stuff off for scrap, although Lord knows if a passel of x1 fired brass came up I'd not be opposed to snagging that. :) I was wondering if anyone else has bought from them, and what your experience has been? Also, is selling for scrap considered "re-selling" or "end use?" What exactly do they consider to be "mutilation", which is a requirement for a lot of stuff before they'll release it to you? https://www.govliquidation.com/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Govliquidation.com, anyone have experience?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »
I looked ate that site quite awhile ago and most of the auctions were weird and had alot of strings or crap attached.
Up for bid, lot 12345 1 6x6 missing engine transmission and tires also 500 old filing cabinets. Located in bumble scum. Must remove within 10 minutes of auction ending.

Stuff like that.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
Let's put it this way, if they are anything like my agency selling off surplus crap you don't want anything to do with it.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »
I watch the site pretty regularly. It's the modern incarnation of DRMO. I don't have any first hand knowlegde but the restrictions are similar to what was in place when DRMO handled the sales directly

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »
Have used it a few times. The local DRMO here allows you to view the equipment prior to sale. Buddy got a group of nice Vidmar bins from there at dirt cheap prices.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 12:35:25 AM »
Let's put it this way, if they are anything like my agency selling off surplus crap you don't want anything to do with it.

Why is that? If the idea is just to sell whatever I get for its value as scrap metal it'd seem like the condition of the items wouldn't be an issue. Or is the buying process itself objectionable?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 03:41:02 AM »
When I was in Montana I talked a doc I worked with into buying an M35 (truck). It was one with a winch, the bows and a cover, not a bad deal for the 2500 he paid for it. It even had fuel in it. All he had to do was replace the batteries, it started up and he drove it 60 miles to home. We have used it is several parades and as a camping truck a few times.

I have used the companion site, uncle sam's retail outlet, and bought K-Bars, computer speakers and a few other things. I have no complaints. I have wanted to bid on lots of ammo cans and hit a few gun shows, but where can I put that many ammo cans imbetween shows?

bob

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:50 AM »
When I was in Montana I talked a doc I worked with into buying an M35 (truck). It was one with a winch, the bows and a cover, not a bad deal for the 2500 he paid for it. It even had fuel in it. All he had to do was replace the batteries, it started up and he drove it 60 miles to home. We have used it is several parades and as a camping truck a few times.

I have used the companion site, uncle sam's retail outlet, and bought K-Bars, computer speakers and a few other things. I have no complaints. I have wanted to bid on lots of ammo cans and hit a few gun shows, but where can I put that many ammo cans imbetween shows?

bob

Didn;t someone around here write they were fine with .gov dumping a truckload of once-fired brass on his front lawn?  I bet he won;t mind a few ammo cans.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »

272 lbs. (approx) 40 cal. fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of FC70 40 S&W, WCC. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5000    272 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM
645 lbs. (approx) 5.56 MM fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of LC01. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel and 1 ammo can on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5001    645 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM
518 lbs. (approx) 7.62 MM fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of LC. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5002    518 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM
750 lbs. (approx) 9 MM fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of WCC. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel and 3 ammo cans on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5003    750 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM

I could probably buy one or all of those if folks were interested. I worked on the base in question, it's not that far. Current bid is $50 per. Worst case, I'd have to rent a truck.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
I'd love to buy the brass but there is no where close for me to be able to pick it up.  Well, that and where would I store that much?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 11:10:59 AM »
272 lbs. (approx) 40 cal. fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of FC70 40 S&W, WCC. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5000    272 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM
645 lbs. (approx) 5.56 MM fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of LC01. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel and 1 ammo can on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5001    645 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM
518 lbs. (approx) 7.62 MM fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of LC. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5002    518 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM
750 lbs. (approx) 9 MM fired brass casings,cartridges have a head stamp marking of WCC. Lot may contain cartridges with other markings, stored in 1 barrel and 3 ammo cans on 1 pallet which are included in the weight.All certified inert by the government.Mutilation not required.GL will provide tail gate loading
   8815    5003    750 lbs.    $0.00    Mechanicsburg, PA    03/08/2013    03/12/2013 05:00PM

I could probably buy one or all of those if folks were interested. I worked on the base in question, it's not that far. Current bid is $50 per. Worst case, I'd have to rent a truck.

Effing dangerous... If the predictions the ammo market wouldn't catch up for two years, getting in trouble for needing a type 6, 7, or 10 FFL.  =D
I promise not to duck.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 11:13:23 AM »
I'd love to buy the brass but there is no where close for me to be able to pick it up.  Well, that and where would I store that much?

I could easily store that. It's only a couple barrels.  I currently don't reload, and more importantly, from what I understand, components are essentially unobtainable. Primers especially.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:33 AM »
I could easily store that. It's only a couple barrels.  I currently don't reload, and more importantly, from what I understand, components are essentially unobtainable. Primers especially.

This.  Plus I lack a progressive press, stocking up on brass like that is bass-ackwards if I'm out of everything else too.

I figure that a listing in WI will show up sooner or later for a barrel of brass from Fort McCoy or something, and I'd be able to outbid the commercial reloaders, but still come out way ahead than buying it retail, and be set for 5.56 brass for life.
I promise not to duck.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »
Rev,

I'm in for either/both Lake City 5.56mm and 7.62mm brass, but we should get a collective here on APS to make it easier. 

BTW, I've purchased a bunch of that 7.62mm NATO brass before.  It took some serious resizing, my guess is that the M60 chambers run LOOSE on the tolerances.   

I have a friend near me who's getting out of the reloading business.  He's got a like-new Hornady Lock-n-Load progressive setup, with all the goodies that he wants to sell.  Once I get specifics, I'll try to post in the For Sale side of the forum.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
Why do they not have any prices?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
Why do they not have any prices?

No bids yet. Minimum is $50 per.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 11:55:13 AM »
No bids yet. Minimum is $50 per.

Oh.

I'm in northern VA (well, i will be again on the 15th). I would be willing to pick this up or assist anyone picking it up. Don't reload myself, but if any of you folks in the area need help, lemme know
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »
I'm in for a split of the 7.62 and 9mm.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:41 PM »
I'm in for a split of 7.62, 9mm and 40cal

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »
Well, cost at the moment would be $200 plus a truck rental. Unless anyone wants to volunteer their pickup truck.  I can buy the brass and store. Ship too, I suppose. Truck rental would probably be the only annoying part.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 01:03:26 PM »
Well, cost at the moment would be $200 plus a truck rental. Unless anyone wants to volunteer their pickup truck.  I can buy the brass and store. Ship too, I suppose. Truck rental would probably be the only annoying part.

I may or may not be in town, so coordinate my part with fitz.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 01:23:24 PM »

One note, it will require an end user certificate. Which means I'll have to certify I'm a US person, and the contents will not end up overseas. No biggie, but theoretically could take up to 60 days.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »
One note, it will require an end user certificate. Which means I'll have to certify I'm a US person, and the contents will not end up overseas. No biggie, but theoretically could take up to 60 days.
For possible future reference, if I manage to immigrate to the US one day, would one be required to be a citizen to get an end user certificate, or is a green card enough?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

birdman

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »
For possible future reference, if I manage to immigrate to the US one day, would one be required to be a citizen to get an end user certificate, or is a green card enough?

Not an answer, but you should :)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 02:05:25 PM »

US person. 

U.S. citizens, aliens who are “Lawful Permanent Residents” (Green Card), (8 USC § 1101(a)(20)) or other “Protected Individuals” under the Immigration and Naturalization Act (8 USC §1324b(a)(3)) designated an asylee, refugee, or a temporary resident under amnesty provisions qualify as US persons.

On the plus side, buying live ammo is a hell of a lot easier than buying spent brass from the government  ;/