Author Topic: Fingernails on a chalkboard  (Read 4477 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Fingernails on a chalkboard
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:24:45 AM »
OK, that really bothers some people. Doesn't do anything to me at all but, most everyone has something that just sends shivers up their spine.

Mine is (and its kinda weird) handling bonded paper, I.E., a TV Guide or other magazine, with damp hands. Gives me the willies just thinking about it!

Whats yours?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

onions!

Re: Fingernails on a chalkboard
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 09:37:25 AM »
The sound of someone else operating nail clippers.It freaks me out & I have to leave the room.I've no idea why.

I don't remember Mom clipping my arse?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »
Hillary...
I promise not to duck.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:13:04 AM »
Eye surgery and rhinoplasty. This is from a guy who has spent many hours in the OR, too.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Folks hacking up phlegm and spitting it out in public. Makes me want to puke every time.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:58:22 AM »
Thinking about a paper cut.  Chills and a shiver every time.

Finding a bone in a piece of fish/chicken.  Instant nausea.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:16:48 AM »
Styrofoam on cardboard. That squeaking makes me want to throw up.

~GnSx

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:43:26 AM »
Fingernails on chalkboard?  No problem.

Rubbing balloons?  No problem.

Squeaking styrofoam?  BIG PROBLEM!!!!  Just drives me nuts.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 11:45:42 AM »
Fine with all the noises others mentioned, but I CAN'T STAND the sound of a nail file, those cheap cardboard+sandpaper jobs.  Always had to leave the room when an ex was doing it.  It just goes straight to my brain.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »
One word: disco.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 06:09:58 PM »
The sound of:
hail
bats (the flying rodent kind)
Jim Doyle  shocked
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »
+1 with Grislyatoms on the hawking phlegm aversion.
Also: the thought of getting a papercut on an eye (saw this happen to a guy...eeewww!) and eating something alive & squirming or that has been slobbered, coughed or sneezed on.
And Sergeant Bob...that really is weird. Makes me want to know why.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 02:29:09 AM »
Another styrofoamer here
Also, some markers on paper get me.....

My wife hates when I fold a paper and smooth the crease with my fingers..... laugh
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 03:41:20 AM »
Rap "music" and ebonics.

A voice on the phone that tells me I have to press "1" for English.

A self-rightous lecture from ANY politician of ANY party, especially if the phrase ". . . for the children . . . " is used.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 04:10:20 AM »
Country music.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 04:16:18 AM »
1. People who get VERY LOUD WHEN TALKING ON A CELLPHONE.

2. Worse. People who, on cell or speakerphone, deliver a coffeecup-drop-startling HAW! laugh out of nowhere.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 04:18:22 AM »
When you answer your phone and get a recorded message, "Please hold for a customer....."  Never find out the rest of it because the next sound is CLICK.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 06:59:13 AM »
Imagining a papercut....to the eyeball.  shocked
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 07:15:58 AM »
When you answer your phone and get a recorded message, "Please hold for a customer....."  Never find out the rest of it because the next sound is CLICK.
Lately, those customer service hold messages tell you to call back later even though it only takes a few minutes to talk to someone.

Chalkboard scratching is irritating to me.  No problem with most other stuff mentioned. 

I get car sick sometimes when I am passenger and the driver is one of those people pumps the gas and brakes all the time.

New car smell will make me nauseous sometimes also.  I think it is because new car smell is all fake these days.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 07:46:52 AM »
Fingernails on chalkboards do it to me (shivers up the spine).  We have a student who snorts and coughs up whatever he can, holds it in his mouth in a way that you know he has something there, and THEN asks to go outside to spit (makes me want to vomit every time).  Nothing worse than helping to clean up someone else's vomit (after working in an eating disorders unit of a psych hospital for a time, and now a teacher, I've had to do it a lot, but at least I don't get bothered by SEEING someone else's vomit anymore).

A voice on the phone that tells me I have to press "1" for English.
Yeah, I don't like that either, but just wait until we are no longer #1 (I can just imagine, "please press 1 for Spanish, 2 for pick common language for your area and insert here, press 3 for English, press...").  That is when we have really lost.
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:08 AM »
Fingernails on chalkboard?  No problem.

Rubbing balloons?  No problem.

Squeaking styrofoam?  BIG PROBLEM!!!!  Just drives me nuts.

Same here. I hate squeaking styrofoam. I used to twist balloon animals, so squeaking balloons are especially no problem.
Andy

mfree

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »
The super high pitch whine from a badly tuned CRT. If you ever find me beating on a television or an old-school monitor, I'm trying to make it stop.

It's like someone hooks a dog whistle up to an air compressor, turns it on, and shoves it through my nasal cavity into my brain.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 10:23:02 AM »
The super high pitch whine from a badly tuned CRT. If you ever find me beating on a television or an old-school monitor, I'm trying to make it stop.

In my case, it seems like almost all CRT TVs whine. I didn't think of that originally, but that is probably the sound that drives me the highest up the wall. My family will be over for a party at someone's house, and I'll leave the room in which the TV is on because of the whine.
Andy

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 10:32:40 AM »
Sometimes I'm glad I'm deaf at extremely high frequencies.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »
Being sticky. I hate being sticky. Things like poorly closed syrup or jelly bottles that I have to handle drive me nuts.

"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb