Author Topic: Personal Best  (Read 2535 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Personal Best
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 08:38:24 PM »
Rocketman, I was a DI in Golf Co, 2ndBn from May of '74 to Jun '76.

But for the grace of God, you could have been one of my dinks.

Heck, maybe you were!

Holy smokes.  Graduated from Plt. 2077 on Oct. 16, 1974.  We certainly breathed some of the same air.  Scary.   grin
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 11:15:47 AM »

Heck, maybe you were!

Holy smokes.  Graduated from Plt. 2077 on Oct. 16, 1974.  We certainly breathed some of the same air.  Scary.   grin

That's funny you old grunts....I was born in 1974.  I didn't go to Paris Island until Sept of '92......
 laugh
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 11:57:44 AM »

Heck, maybe you were!

That's funny you old grunts....I was born in 1974.  I didn't go to Paris Island until Sept of '92......
 laugh
Yep, I remember the way it was, back in the 'Old Corps'...   laugh
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 03:26:32 PM »
In May of 1986, I did my USAF 1.5 miles in just over 11 minutes.  The military accepted folks with flat feet back then.  

They still do. They also take people with really, really bad eyesight; I just had to get a waiver.

Best PFT was 21 something. I did better at PFT's than group runs, tho. I hate hate hate running in formation. Maybe it's because I have no rhythm, but it's a constant series of falling a couple feet back then sprinting a couple feet to catch up. Exhausting.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 10:04:49 PM »
I remember being stoked when I was first able to run 3 miles in any amount of time without stopping. I'm sure I can't any more. Probably not a good idea to get back into it with my hips. I should probably get a bike.

I did hit 38.2mph (via GPS) on a skateboard a couple weeks ago, though, a personal best for that particular hill.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine