Author Topic: Hello, I'm new here  (Read 690 times)

mechdriver

Hello, I'm new here
« on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:26 AM »
After seeing mention of this site at THR for some time, I decided to see what it is all about. To my suprise I read of the trouble and soon to come purge.

If you folks decide to keep me as a member, so be it. If not good luck. I did not come here to start or stir trouble, but rather to see if this site has anything to offer that can't be found at THR. I had noticed in the past some posters being referred the APS when broaching subjects that seemed to be too 'sensitive' for THR. I now wonder what the trolls did to invoke the wrath of the mods?

Mech

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Re: Hello, I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 06:20:21 AM »
We don't have an official purge date.

Hang out for a bit, and we'll see what happens.

Oh, and welcome.
One day at a time.

mechdriver

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:30:51 AM »
Thank you.
I'll plunder around awhile and see what kind of discussions go on here.

Ron

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 06:43:58 AM »
Welcome aboard!!

Traffic here is much slower than THR but it is definitely a good place to hang your hat and chat.

PPGMD

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »
I signed up here to search what is happening to THR, I'm slightly confused about what you are referring to.

Ron

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 07:00:44 AM »
I signed up here to search what is happening to THR, I'm slightly confused about what you are referring to.

THR and APS were both down for a day or so due to an internet attack on the server.

APS has an invitation only board that is being used to "filter" out some troll(s) who were coming here and spamming the forum.

As of right now both forums are open and this side is being used to vet members who the get the "friend" moniker showing they are allowed in the other room.

Here is the "sticky" at the top of the page explaining what is going on.
We have an interesting situation here. A lot of humans are mixed in with a few oxygen thieving sub-simians. I banned a few...but that is labor-intensive. One of the bright lemurs actually proffered threats of violence after his account got removed. I am tired of trying to separate worthy humans from the rest.

The flood is coming. Over the next few weeks, my friends and I will invite everyone we'd like to keep to the ark and then scuttle The Round Table. Anyone who is wanted by at least one other person will be with us. Those who are unwanted by all will be cordially invited to be happy elsewhere.

PPGMD

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:32 AM »
I hopped on over to TFL and read about the DOS attack. Those were my bane for a few years when I worked in the hosting industry, impossible to stop a DDOS attack, and even a DOS attack from a few clients can take hours to filter out (assuming your core router has enough power to do the filtering) if they are spoofing IP addresses. I just tried the THR and it finally came up, I was getting the shakes, and boredom here at work.

I read that thread by Oleg but it didn't give much details.