Author Topic: The Weekly Standard, Done  (Read 1098 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
The Weekly Standard, Done
« on: December 14, 2018, 08:59:19 PM »
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/weekly-standard-rip/

Years ago I was led astray by the likes of those who wrote for this rag and The National Review.

They called themselves conservatives but they never helped conserve anything.

They promoted giving away the farm in trade regardless of the cost to Americans, promoted massive illegal and legal immigration regardless of the cost to Americans, promoted a globalist agenda regardless of the cost to Americans, promoted foreign wars of aggression with tenuous if any connections to our own national security, regardless of the lives lost.

May God have mercy on their souls.

Good riddance.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
Re: The Weekly Standard, Done
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »
Agreed,  good riddance.   Neocon trash.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
The demise of the Weekly Standard absolutely breaks my heart.  What am I going to use to wrap fish?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 07:58:57 PM »
The demise of the Weekly Standard absolutely breaks my heart.  What am I going to use to wrap fish?
New York Times is still in business.  Plenty of liberal rags used by billionaires to promote an agenda no matter how much money they lose.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge