Author Topic: EPA topics merged  (Read 9241 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
EPA topics merged
« on: August 25, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »
Or maybe not:

http://www.nssfblog.com/epa-considering-ban-on-traditional-ammunition-take-action-now/

All Gun Owners, Hunters and Shooters:

With the fall hunting season fast approaching, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under Lisa Jackson, who was responsible for banning bear hunting in New Jersey, is now considering a petition by the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) – a leading anti-hunting organization – to ban all traditional ammunition under the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976, a law in which Congress expressly exempted ammunition.  If the EPA approves the petition, the result will be a total ban on all ammunition containing lead-core components, including hunting and target-shooting rounds. The EPA must decide to accept or reject this petition by November 1, 2010, the day before the midterm elections

I'm going against the policy, but I think the NSSF will approve of posting a snippet. Please click the link for more information.

Looks like the Democrats have decided if they can't ban guns, they're going after ammunition.

How shocking, they haven't given up their quest at all, they're just trying to hide it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
Well, at least we have a choice: the Second Amendment or "the environment."  But then that's been the choice for a long time now.  The 2A is about individual liberty, the "environment"--as the movement has evolved beyond pragmatic health protection--is about a collectivist future.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
Not only will they dare, they HAVE to.  They NEED to disarm their enemies, and they know that.  One way or another they will push 2A-supporters to the wall.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
  One way or another they will push 2A-supporters to the wall.

It won't be pretty.  [popcorn]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
EPA run amok
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »
On the heels of their moves toward a lead ammo ban:

http://chicagoboyz.net/archives/15150.html#more-15150

The EPA has created a new set of regulations that is as stringent as they can make them.

Instead of setting pollution regulations for industrial boilers based on the minimum they can get from their sources, they are basing the minimum off of what the best that could possibly be for each pollutant.

In other words, the EPA is looking at what the minimum pollution could be for each pollutant seperately by looking at technology based to reduce that one pollutant and creating regulations for every pollutant in that way without looking at what is possible when the industry has to deal with multiple pollutants.

In other words, they created a "best possible boiler" that cannot exist in the world and based their regulations off of that.

This is the democrats plan. Give as much power to regulators so that those who write the laws cannot be held accountable.

November will be a start. Replacing the legislators must happen. Then was must dismantle the bureaucracy.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Not only will they dare, they HAVE to.  They NEED to disarm their enemies, and they know that.  One way or another they will push 2A-supporters to the wall.

But if I have 20k bullets stockpiled with those nasty lead cores and they make it illegal to use those bullets, I won't be able to join the Revolution when it starts because my ammo would be illegal... :angel:

I guess I need to buy some of that fancy Barnes solid copper stuff.  The ones that don't expand at all and are meant for African big game.  Rhino, African Wild ass and such.  Or maybe they'd prefer I stocked up on tungsten cores.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
Re: EPA run amok
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »
Interesting.  I wonder if they would extend that to process heaters as well as "boilers".  I also wonder if they will dump it on pre-existing boilers when they renew air permits or just new boilers. 

I know on NOx, the max technology is pretty low, but the newest burners are expensive.  When you include catalysts with ammonia injection, you can drive it near to zero in many cases.  You just need more catalyst and more ammonia.  We don't burn a lot of solids or chemicals so we mainly worry about NOx and CO.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:09:30 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
Run amok indeed.

The EPA is also trying to kill farming with their dust and water regulations.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
I guess I need to buy some of that fancy Barnes solid copper stuff.  The ones that don't expand at all and are meant for African big game.

Clearly, you've never dug a Barnes .308 out of the cave it leaves in the berm.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Fleep.

:mad:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »
Walter Williams was hosting Rush yesterday and talking to another guy about the recovery from the Great Depression at the outset of WWII.  One thing mentioned was that in addition to the increase in manufacturing brought on by the war, the Roosevelt administration quietly replaced a lot of the more-govt-more-regulation New Dealers with people from the business world in order to get better cooperation from business for the war effort.  It was basically said that this had a big impact that is not talked about. 

This article sort of reminded me of that.  If the govt keeps putting its foot down on business and business growth/expansion, there won't be a recovery.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »
Hey!  No problemo.  We'll just de-fund it. 

See, problem solved. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Waitone

• friend
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100803/UPDATE/100803020

The Toxic Substances Control Act dates from the mid-70's and IIRC specifically exempts ammunition from the law.

No problem, we don't have to repeal the law.  We can just de-fund it.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
Hey!  No problemo.  We'll just de-fund it. 

See, problem solved. 
I think that is already starting to sound like "It's Bush's Fault.". 

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
With the fall hunting season fast approaching, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under Lisa Jackson, who was responsible for banning bear hunting in New Jersey, is now considering a petition by the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) – a leading anti-hunting organization – to ban all traditional ammunition under the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976, a law in which Congress expressly exempted ammunition.  If the EPA approves the petition, the result will be a total ban on all ammunition containing lead-core components, including hunting and target-shooting rounds. The EPA must decide to accept or reject this petition by November 1, 2010, the day before the midterm elections

EPA does not write the laws.  Congress does.  EPA cannot overrule Congress.  Ergo, EPA can entertain any bloody petition they like.  They cannot ban lead ammunition.  

Title 15, Chapter 53, Subchapter 1, Section 2602 "Definitions", paragraph 2, item 5

(v) any article the sale of which is subject to the tax imposed
    by section 4181 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 [26 U.S.C.
    4181] (determined without regard to any exemptions from such tax
    provided by section 4182 or 4221 or any other provision of such
    Code),

And 26 U.S.C. 4181?

There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold: Articles taxable at 10 percent - Pistols.

Revolvers.

Articles taxable at 11 percent - Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers). Shells, and cartridges.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
If the govt keeps putting its foot down on business and business growth/expansion, there won't be a recovery.

Which is what they want. They couldn't smother the economy by massive spending, so they are going for legal strangulation.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
Prediction:

This will go nowhere.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Prediction:

This will go nowhere.

Or the EPA declares revolution and throws a coup against the US Congress.  I know the entire DoD has been praying for that to happen for thirty years.  You have no idea how many Generals would love to order every single A10 in the entire US military to drop every bomb and round of ammo (hell, the gods damned aux fuel tanks too) on the EPA.  

"So, General, you say you intercepted communication that the EPA was going to revolt against Congress and override them."
"Yes, Congressman.  Your safety was our highest concern, of course."
"So...   How many bombs did you drop on EPA offices?"
"Well, we figured out how many we dropped on both the Taliban and Saddam, doubled it, and figured that'd be almost good enough."
"Anything else, General?"
"Oh.  Uhm.  Alternating A10's inbetween the B-52's.  Had some Guard artillery units lay down suppressing fire.   Afterwards, our Chemical guys put on MOPP suits and heavily salted the ground.  They used 4,000 metric tons of salt.  Just in case."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:24:00 PM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
A good start, RevDisk, a good start.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
Makes me feel better about all my Russian steel-core 5.45.

To the point - why wouldn't this pass?  Just because it's illegal, pfft.  Hasn't stopped them before.  After all, they're going to save the planet, one bullet(excuse me, LIVE AMMUNITION CARTRIDGE) at a time.

MicroBalrog

• friend

To the point - why wouldn't this pass?  Just because it's illegal, pfft.  Hasn't stopped them before.  After all, they're going to save the planet, one bullet(excuse me, LIVE AMMUNITION CARTRIDGE) at a time.

Oh, the whole bit about the most pro-gun Congress in the last century or so.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
When Pelosi and Co. arbitrarily considers bills "passed" and the Obama Administration takes actions w/o Congressional approval, it makes stuff like this quite possible....  =|

It may come down to how committed the enforcing agencies are in enforcing these blatantly unconstitutional acts.....esp. in the face of public "resistance"....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
When Pelosi and Co. arbitrarily considers bills "passed" and the Obama Administration takes actions w/o Congressional approval, it makes stuff like this quite possible....  =|

It may come down to how committed the enforcing agencies are in enforcing these blatantly unconstitutional acts.....esp. in the face of public "resistance"....

Pelosi and Co. have no intention on touching firearms whatsoever.  They're too busy with easier things, namely gutting the United States financially.  They read the firearm/ammo sales reports from the BATFE from over a year ago, and saw the writing on the wall. 

griz

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 09:24:27 AM »
Reminds me of the quest for Gasoline that was better for the air.  They decreed that a particular oxidizer be blended in because it gave more oxygen in the exhaust.  The only problem is the stuff is a hazardous before it is burned, and since small amounts of gas get spilled all the time, we have a pretty nasty poison in our ground water now.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Waitone

• friend
EPA does not write the laws.  Congress does.  EPA cannot overrule Congress.
IIRC bond holders are first in line when a company goes into bankruptcy.  Didn't work for GM real well when those at the bottom of the stack got first dibs and those at the top got nothing.  No law allowed it to happen.  It just did.  A law that is not enforced might as well not exist.