Author Topic: Over 80,000 M1s might be disposed of  (Read 7254 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Over 80,000 M1s might be disposed of
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 02:06:35 PM »
No, deactivate .30 Carbine ammo, one round at a time.
Ah, how silly of me. I need to get a Garand and 5000 rounds to practice on :laugh:.
...Which reminds me that I need to get a gun safe, buy that shotgun & qualify on rifles ASAP.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 01:27:11 AM »
>"Asked why the M1s pose a threat, the State Department spokesman referred questions to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. ATF representatives said they would look into the question Monday afternoon, but on Wednesday they referred questions to the Justice Department. DOJ spokesman Dean Boyd referred questions back to the State Department.

"The White House referred questions on the issue to the Pentagon, which referred questions to the U.S. Embassy in South Korea, which deferred back to the State Department."<

Anyone else remembering asking their father for permission to do something, and being told to ask mom? Who would then redirect to dad?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 08:20:39 AM »
Anyone else remembering asking their father for permission to do something, and being told to ask mom? Who would then redirect to dad?
It happened to me several times. Eventually, I quit asking permission. Sometimes got scolded, but figured out that, on balance, I was coming out ahead.

It wasn't until years later that I heard about the old proverb "It's easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
They might fall into "the wrong hands."  In other words, ours.  We need a Wrong Hands Party.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 02:49:30 PM »
Oh, wow... I can already hear the campaign speech...

"Your government tells you 'but that could fall into the wrong hands! That's why you can't have it'

Those hands are your hands, my hands, the hands of every law-abiding American who doesn't walk sheeplike to the slaughterhouse! The hands of every one of you who has gotten angry over the new tax to pay for the latest entitlement program. The hands of those of you who question what the government's done, and where it gets it's authority!

With that in mind, we of the 'Wrong Hands'..."

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 01:32:11 AM »
Oh, wow... I can already hear the campaign speech...

"Your government tells you 'but that could fall into the wrong hands! That's why you can't have it'

Those hands are your hands, my hands, the hands of every law-abiding American who doesn't walk sheeplike to the slaughterhouse! The hands of every one of you who has gotten angry over the new tax to pay for the latest entitlement program. The hands of those of you who question what the government's done, and where it gets it's authority!

With that in mind, we of the 'Wrong Hands'..."

[Pulls lever in voting booth marked "Strings".........]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 02:59:44 AM »
[Pulls lever in voting booth marked "Strings".........]

I Think a lot more people would vote if by doing so, they could give members of the party they DON'T vote for a small electric shock.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 04:40:19 AM »
>[Pulls lever in voting booth marked "Strings".........]<

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! I HAVE MY FIRST VOTE!!!

TOMORROW, THE WORLD!!!

Sorry... had to get that out of my system. At one point, I had toyed with running locally...