Author Topic: The Revolt of the Bourgeois  (Read 1367 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
The Revolt of the Bourgeois
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:47:03 AM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/245556/revolt-bourgeois-rich-lowry

"This was the revolt of the bourgeois, of the responsible, of the orderly, of people profoundly at peace with the traditional mores of American society. "

Yep, folks who have had enough subsidizing the irresponsible.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: The Revolt of the Bourgeois
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
"They could do much worse than to take their cue from the tea partiers at the Lincoln Memorial, who knew how to make an impression without scaring anyone or trashing the place."

The Republican leadership will, as they always have in the past, take their cue from themselves.  Spoiled Beltway or Northeastern elites, ultimately operating as "Democrat Lite."  It will be no different than the disappointment of '94.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
How was 94 a disappointment?  Did they fail to pass every law you wanted?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »
How was 94 a disappointment?  Did they fail to pass every law you wanted?

No.  It was a disappointment because the gains, in both seats won and legislation passed, all faded away in a few short years as the GOP went right back to being Democrat Lite.  The GOP leadership is of the same type now as it was then.  We may gain a lot of seats in the House this November; we may even gain control of the House.  We might gain a couple of seats in the Senate, as well.  But I fully expect any benefits will be squandered by the non-conservative Republican leadership.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:22:32 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.