Author Topic: Soon we may only have Pravda  (Read 3184 times)

ELSORDO

Soon we may only have Pravda
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:07:52 AM »
Well I suppose it is "change" of a sort.

Sun-Times: Journalists Being Shut Out by Obama
By Warner Todd Huston
Created 2009-01-12 21:43

Published on NewsBusters.org (http://newsbusters.org)

According to Sun-Times columnist and long-time Chicago journalist, Carol Marin, journalists at Barack Obama news conferences have come to realize that Obama has pre-picked those journalists [1] whom he will allow to ask him questions at the conference and many of them now "don't even bother raising" their hands to be called upon.

One wonders why journalists are allowing this corralling of the press? Would they have allowed George W. Bush to pre-pick journalists like that? Would they meekly sit by and allow themselves to be systematically ignored, their freedom to ask questions silenced by any Republican? Would journalists so eagerly vie with one another for the favor of Bush like they are Obama's?

For her part, it seems that Carol Marin is starting to wonder at the "bizarro world" that is being invented by the pliant and smitten Obama loving press corps.

As ferociously as we march like villagers with torches against Blagojevich, we have been, in the true spirit of the Bizarro universe, the polar opposite with the president-elect. Deferential, eager to please, prepared to keep a careful distance.

The Obama news conferences tell that story, making one yearn for the return of the always-irritating Sam Donaldson to awaken the slumbering press to the notion that decorum isn't all it's cracked up to be.

The press corps, most of us, don't even bother raising our hands any more to ask questions because Obama always has before him a list of correspondents who've been advised they will be called upon that day.

Will the rest of the press retake their manhood and again become the tough guys they have always claimed to be or are they going to stay so smitten by Obama and their love for The One that they will allow themselves to continue being forced into a subservient role?

One has a sinking suspicion that the press is allowing itself to become Obama's lapdog extraordinaire.
My Mantra:Front Sight, Front Sight, Front Sight

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Soon we may only have Pravda
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »
Once the press becomes disappointed/disillusioned with Obama they'll turn on him like rabid pit-bulls...

There will be a a mini-civil war between those "loyal" to Obama and those who say the emporer has no clothes.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 11:34:06 AM »
One has a sinking suspicion that the press is allowing itself to become Obama's lapdog extraordinaire.

Wow! What powers of observation!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
Once the press becomes disappointed/disillusioned with Obama they'll turn on him like rabid pit-bulls...

There will be a a mini-civil war between those "loyal" to Obama and those who say the emporer has no clothes.

Nah. They don't want to be denied access. That's why there aren't any bulldogs anymore. They get shut out, their network gets shut out. They're told to throw softballs so they're allowed to attend.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:51:13 AM »

Can we sell guns to both sides? =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

ELSORDO

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 11:53:55 AM »
There's so damn much to worry about concerning the coming of THE ONE that a tame press gets little attention from either itself or the public.  Ultimately,however, it may become the straw on the camel's back.  I fear that before the great unwashed wakes up to the fact that it has been had, irreparable damage to our freedoms will have been inflicted.

ELSORDO

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 11:55:25 AM »
Can we sell guns to both sides? =D

Only if you don't show the "loyalists" which end the bullets depart from.

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 12:05:06 PM »
I was under the impression that Bush did exactly the same.  :|
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 12:34:07 PM »
. . . One has a sinking suspicion that the press is allowing itself to  become has long been Obama's lapdog extraordinaire.
Fixed it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 04:52:09 PM »

Chris Muir beat you to it.....check out last month's DAY BY DAY....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »
I was under the impression that Bush did exactly the same.  :|

Sssh, you evil liberal, why are you criticizing our noble President? ;/
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »
More and more I think Pravda may be a better source for "truth" than the main stream media in the US.
At least when it comes to Obama.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 08:21:01 PM »
You notice the leftward steering at fox as of late?
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »
You notice the leftward steering at fox as of late?

I prefer to call it fair and balanced. I want news and intelligent opinion.

WildnothistrionicsAlaska TM
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 06:58:52 PM »
Nah. They don't want to be denied access. That's why there aren't any bulldogs anymore. They get shut out, their network gets shut out. They're told to throw softballs so they're allowed to attend.

This is no different how the press was for much of the last 8 years, except it went the other way.
Change, indeed.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM