Author Topic: Illegal immigrants there, not here  (Read 25482 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Illegal immigrants there, not here
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2023, 01:20:27 PM »
That is allowed under current US immigration laws.  We no longer require asylum to be asked for in the first country they get to, or while still in their own country.

Which is absolutely stupid. Besides the fact that 90% of these individuals are job and free stuff seekers despite their "asylum" claim, asylum should mean "I need to GTFO to the first safe place". It shouldn't be a menu of countries.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2023, 05:24:10 PM »
I didn't say it wasn't stupid, I said it was in compliance with current US immigration policy.

Rocketman, I am willing to learn but it was my understanding that the current migrant surge was following current immigration policy. That's why Border Patrol was cutting the barbed wire, because those folks were making an asylum claim and had to be processed.

I know the various changes in where asylum can be requested are coming from the executive branch, but I have to think of they were flat breaking immigration law DHS would be in court over it and to my knowledge they aren't.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2023, 06:26:52 PM »
A federal cabinet level agency doesn't take the federal government to court without a sign-off from the head of the agency. Who do you think is issuing the marching orders?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2023, 06:33:47 PM »
A federal cabinet level agency doesn't take the federal government to court without a sign-off from the head of the agency. Who do you think is issuing the marching orders?

Texas would have.

I don't really want to get into a multi post back and forth on an immigration policy I also disagree with.

I was responding directly to Terry's post complaining that the conversation had lessened the impact by dropping the illegal adjective from the description.  And more widely since Terry has been on a roll advocating for precision in language on here recently. (A goal I also agree with)

For all that it's retarded and destructive,  the current wave of South American migrants seem to be complying with current US asylum policy and are not illegally in the country once they have been processed and released. Another reason why shipping them to Sanctuary Cities is so poetic.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:54:50 PM by dogmush »

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2023, 10:42:34 PM »
Face it people, these are NOT "migrants, legal or otherwise !!   :facepalm:
These are INVADERS, sent by their countries and allowed by ours, to undermine and destroy our economy and political system.
  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2023, 07:43:09 AM »
The Constitution, however, is silent on immigration. That is, the federal government is not explicitly granted a general power to exclude or remove noncitizens from the United States. Nevertheless, U.S. courts have allowed the federal government to exercise such a power.
https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/federal-role-immigration/

But:
10th Amendment: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." Ratified by Required Number of States, December 15, 1791.

The Courts, unhappily,  often ignore the provisions of the Constitution to our detriment. They are frequently intoxicated by their own verbosity.

I doubt that Texas (or New Mexico, or Arizona) would have allowed this... invasion... if it had retained the power to regulate international "immigration" to itself, per 10A, after 1845.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:05:41 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2023, 07:51:46 AM »
Guess Malibu beach is going to need a wall

Astonishing footage captured a boat filled with migrants landing on the beach in ritzy Malibu - close to the home of famed bleeding-heart liberal Barbra Streisand.

Around 25 people were seen leaping out of the vessel around 1am November 28, near the $100 million compound of Streisand an arch critic of Donald Trump, who called his border wall a 'monument to himself'.

The migrants all appear to have quickly fled the scene, meaning neither Streisand nor the scores of other wealthy, anti-border wall stars living in the area had to help them out, or offer shelter.

Barbra Streisand has lots of spare room! Astonishing moment boat full of migrant lands on MALIBU beach over 100 miles from Mexico-California border, close to home of megastar who lashed Trump's wall
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12816261/migrants-malibu-boat-barbra-streisand-trump-wall.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2023, 08:03:09 AM »
Guess Malibu beach is going to need a wall

Barbra Streisand has lots of spare room! Astonishing moment boat full of migrant lands on MALIBU beach over 100 miles from Mexico-California border, close to home of megastar who lashed Trump's wall
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12816261/migrants-malibu-boat-barbra-streisand-trump-wall.html

That has been going on for around 15 years, from San Diego all the way up to Vandenberg. Pangas like that are mostly people with some drugs, while the cartel super pangas are mostly drugs with some people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2023, 08:05:07 AM »
That has been going on for around 15 years, from San Diego all the way up to Vandenberg. Pangas like that are mostly people with some drugs, while the cartel super pangas are mostly drugs with some people.

And they've been welcoming them into their homes right? They have plenty of room in those mansions right?. I mean why have 10 extra bedrooms and not use them?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 09:42:10 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #234 on: December 05, 2023, 08:02:25 AM »
More Chinese "immigrants" walking across the border. I'm positive that none of them are South China Swords or MSS.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/04/large-group-of-chinese-nationals-crosses-illegally-into-california-n2390483

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #235 on: December 05, 2023, 08:20:51 AM »
And here's Dick Durbin wanting to lower the standards for the military even lower.

Senator Dick Durbin wants to make it possible for illegal immigrants to join the US military: "Do you know what the recruiting numbers are at the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force? They can't reach their quotas each month. They can't find enough people to join." pic.twitter.com/UWuGSfrSkF
    — TheBlaze (@theblaze) December 4, 2023

Yeah, I can see that going well.

Rome Falls a Second Time: Dick Durbin Proposes Letting Illegal Immigrants Into the Military
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2023/12/05/dick-durbin-illegal-immigrants-in-the-military-n2390487

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #236 on: December 05, 2023, 08:33:32 AM »
Yeah, I can see that going well.

Certainly if you're a "We have F15s and nukes" politician, it's a good way to recruit people more likely to follow your orders, regardless of their constitutionality.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2023, 06:13:57 PM »
I'm just going to drop this here and go pour myself a drink

Karine Jean-Pierre says it's "stunning" that Republicans are demanding a secure border: "History will remember them harshly!" pic.twitter.com/U53xqtnjKn
    — RNC Research (@RNCResearch) December 7, 2023

"Stunning"  :facepalm:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/07/karine-jean-pierre-says-its-stunning-that-the-gop-is-demanding-border-control-n2390604
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2023, 07:58:08 PM »
Chicago mayor suing bus companies

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson has begun filing dozens of lawsuits against "rogue" bus companies transporting migrants from the southern border.
"The care of more than 24,400 migrants who have arrived in Chicago since August 2022 has taken on heightened urgency as winter sets in, and tested the limits of how welcoming the city can be," The Tribune reported. "The city has filed 55 lawsuits since it implemented new rules about when and where buses can arrive in mid-November, the Law Department said. The lawsuits address 77 total buses accused of violating the rules, and public records show at least some cases are seeking fines against the bus companies."

Mayor’s office spokesman Cassio Mendoza, in a statement to The Tribune, slammed "rogue, uncoordinated" buses, claiming they are endangering the lives of migrants, and called for bus companies to be held accountable.

Chicago mayor launches lawsuits against companies transporting 'rogue buses' of migrants to city
https://www.foxnews.com/media/chicago-mayor-launches-lawsuits-companies-transporting-rogue-buses-migrants
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2023, 10:16:41 AM »
My G-d, how the voters roll in...

https://youtu.be/xcBTULF2PEc
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2023, 05:18:25 PM »
Can't let the people vote on it

Chicago lawmakers are slammed for blocking efforts to put sanctuary city status on ballot after Windy City was inundated by 20,000 migrants
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12865715/Chicago-migrants-sanctuary-brandon-johnson-ballot-anthony-beale.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2023, 07:56:25 PM »
This could be interesting:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gov-greg-abbott-signs-bill-that-lets-police-arrest-migrants-who-enter-us-illegally/ar-AA1lHh8J

Texas has enacted legislation authorizing Texas law enforcement to arrest illegal immigrants aliens, and authorizing Texas judges to deport them.

I can hardly wait to see what "I closed the border" Brandon will do about this.  [popcorn]

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2023, 10:21:37 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gov-greg-abbott-signs-bill-that-lets-police-arrest-migrants-who-enter-us-illegally/ar-AA1lHh8J

Texas has enacted legislation authorizing Texas law enforcement to arrest illegal immigrants aliens, and authorizing Texas judges to deport them.

I can hardly wait to see what "I closed the border" Brandon will do about this.  [popcorn]

The question that should be asked/answered...

If an alien waiting for their immigration court date, are they an illegal alien?

As per the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), it is supposed to be 45 days for an interview and 180 days for a decision. Apparently, it is running at close to 2 years for the process to start.

Something else: Asylum seekers are also eligible for work authorization (including receiving a SSN card) if their case has been pending for more six months.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2023, 11:17:04 AM »

Federal injunction in 3, 2, 1....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2023, 08:34:49 PM »
Chicago mayor suing bus companies

Chicago mayor launches lawsuits against companies transporting 'rogue buses' of migrants to city
https://www.foxnews.com/media/chicago-mayor-launches-lawsuits-companies-transporting-rogue-buses-migrants

Last I knew, our southern border didn't touch Chicago or any part of Illinois. I don't think the City of Chicago has any authority to try to regulate interstate transit.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2023, 09:27:17 AM »
I just now saw an interview at the border with some "asylum seekers". It was a group of Indians. They all said the same thing regarding why they are crossing the border: "My life is in danger". Sounds like everyone is being prepped with talking points to work our ridiculously misused asylum laws. Also they were given appointment dates eight years out.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2023, 10:24:20 AM »
A sad part is that these people are also being held hostage to AMeriacn Political whims.  No one knows what the American Federal Governmetn will look like in 8 years.  It is not impossible that their hearing comes up, the current fed.gov is doing asylum reform, they are all blanket denied and deported, despite us letting them live here and build a life for damn near a decade.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2023, 08:13:46 PM »
A sad part is that these people are also being held hostage to AMeriacn Political whims.  No one knows what the American Federal Governmetn will look like in 8 years.  It is not impossible that their hearing comes up, the current fed.gov is doing asylum reform, they are all blanket denied and deported, despite us letting them live here and build a life for damn near a decade.

Yep.

It's just plain wrong. They shouldn't be admitted in the first place.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2023, 07:01:36 AM »
The question that should be asked/answered...

If an alien waiting for their immigration court date, are they an illegal alien?

As per the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), it is supposed to be 45 days for an interview and 180 days for a decision. Apparently, it is running at close to 2 years for the process to start.

Something else: Asylum seekers are also eligible for work authorization (including receiving a SSN card) if their case has been pending for more six months.
Just saw a story that in at least one case a court date in 2031 was scheduled for the illegal. That's over 7 years - isn't that de facto amnesty?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2023, 07:51:34 AM »
One of the issues is that our existing Asylum Program is being raped hard.

In theory, I don't have a problem with the idea that folks that are in truly dire straights in other countries could apply for, and receive refuge in the US.  In practice, there's a number of problems with the program including the length of time that it takes to get approval to travel out of somewhere supposedlly dangerous, to the US's inability to decide amongst ourselves how many refugees we'd care to shelter.

On top of that, the current administration is using that frame work to allow anyone that shows up at the border from anywhere slightly poorer or more dangerous than the US to enter the Asylum system, regardless of the actual state of the people at home.  Hence the economic migrants seeking "asylum".  But everyone that says the magic words gets a hearing.

From 1991 to 2021 The US admitted 797,950 asylum seekers  and it can be assumed that the system is set up to handle that flow with the normal fed.gov efficiency.  Which is to say, not very well, but not a crisis.  By May of 2023 1.3 million asylum applications waited the 700 or so judges that do this.  There are slightly more than double the number of applications processed in 20 years currently waiting to be looked at.  By that standard 7 years out is looking pretty decent actually.

I'm not making excuses for the politicians whose cynical grab for more voters, bleeding hearts, or incompetency got us here, and Congress needs to put on it's adult pants and actually overhaul immigration policy, while making sure that the Executive actually starts enforcing laws.  But even if we magically dropped a forcefield over the border today, we have a decade of processes and applications to wade through for approval or denial and subsequent deportation.  In the meantime these folks, not all of whom are locust like invaders, will be living here, getting jobs, building businesses, paying taxes, marrying and having kids, etc.  Joe Biden, in the last three years, has bought us an actual Humanitarian Crisis out of the one the Dems fabricated with staged pictures at empty fences.