Author Topic: Illegal immigrants there, not here  (Read 25492 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Illegal immigrants there, not here
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2023, 09:25:48 AM »
They will eventually all vote for democrats, so its all good.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2023, 09:37:16 AM »
I am friends with a Ukrainian refugee.  He left with his family when the Russians invaded, and before the government banned men from leaving.  He came in through the Mexican border.  I asked him why he didn't stay in Europe... he said none of the places in Europe he went gave him permission to stay.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2023, 10:15:24 AM »
They will eventually all vote for democrats, so its all good.

You clearly don't know any Cuban refugees.

Does your Ukrainian friend lean left?  IME folks from Eastern Europe tend not to vote for the Communist Lite the Dems offer.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2023, 10:34:00 AM »
One of the issues is that our existing Asylum Program is being raped hard.

In theory, I don't have a problem with the idea that folks that are in truly dire straights in other countries could apply for, and receive refuge in the US.  In practice, there's a number of problems with the program including the length of time that it takes to get approval to travel out of somewhere supposedlly dangerous, to the US's inability to decide amongst ourselves how many refugees we'd care to shelter.

On top of that, the current administration is using that frame work to allow anyone that shows up at the border from anywhere slightly poorer or more dangerous than the US to enter the Asylum system, regardless of the actual state of the people at home.  Hence the economic migrants seeking "asylum".  But everyone that says the magic words gets a hearing.

I'm not sure of its current state, or whether this was a UN or some other international agreement, but I'd still like to know whatever happened to "first safe country" for asylum seekers. It seems like in many instances, not only the first, but the second and third countries tell people to get lost, or else even help them reach our border, and then in they come with nary a glance.

I agree that our (and other countries - hello Mexico) system needs an overhaul, but part of that needs to include saying no to people that are gaming the asylum system, and telling them to get lost or get in line with the people legally migrating (and again, that needs to be streamlined). "Overhaul" should include a modern version of Ellis Island, where people are legally and medically screened. It wouldn't hurt to re-institute the old system, where people needed to show that they wouldn't be a financial burden, or else had a sponsor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2023, 10:37:12 AM »
You clearly don't know any Cuban refugees.

Does your Ukrainian friend lean left?  IME folks from Eastern Europe tend not to vote for the Communist Lite the Dems offer.

OK, only 90% will vote for Democrats.

I haven't asked my friend about his politics, but he got a communist education as a kid, so I am not hopeful.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2023, 10:44:43 AM »

I haven't asked my Ukranian friend about his politics, but based on something he said I am not hopeful.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 12:38:01 PM by Pb »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2023, 11:01:20 AM »
I can't speak for the whole community, but the local (Central FL) Mulims are a strange bunch politically.  They tend to like big.gov, and are used to the government being heavy handed but tend to view the things our big.gov left does with something between horror and the burning hatred of 1000 suns.

Voting tends to be all over the place. The districts that include the large Islamic enclaves tend to go with whomever they are bunched with.  If the district reaches out rural it goes red.  If it encludes a bunch of liberals,or the hood, it goes blue.  That leads me to believe the Islamic areas don't have a real strong lean either way.

That's just local to me though.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2023, 11:08:56 AM »
I can't speak for the whole community, but the local (Central FL) Mulims are a strange bunch politically.  They tend to like big.gov, and are used to the government being heavy handed but tend to view the things our big.gov left does with something between horror and the burning hatred of 1000 suns.

Voting tends to be all over the place. The districts that include the large Islamic enclaves tend to go with whomever they are bunched with.  If the district reaches out rural it goes red.  If it encludes a bunch of liberals,or the hood, it goes blue.  That leads me to believe the Islamic areas don't have a real strong lean either way.

That's just local to me though.

Many Muslims are horrified by the left's attacks on any traditional idea of family and pushing of LGB(insert letters) lifestyles as the norm.
On the other hand many of them dislike and are even offended by the right's idea of you're in America now, start acting like an American
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 11:48:47 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2023, 11:23:45 AM »
Trespass at the capitol, 20 years in jail. Trespass at the border, free plane ticket and expedited TSA lines at the airport.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/12/23/does-this-airports-immigration-line-for-illegals-move-faster-than-the-one-for-legal-citizens-n2391095
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #260 on: January 03, 2024, 11:46:02 AM »
    Migrant encounters at the southern border over the last four Decembers. (3 Biden, 1 Trump).

December 2023: 302,000+

December 2022: 252,315

December 2021: 179,253

December 2020: 73,994
    — Bill Melugin (@BillMelugin_) January 2, 2024

JUST IN: With a straight face and blinking eyelashes, @WhiteHouse @PressSec Karine Jean-Pierre says President @JoeBiden has been doing all he can to protect the US border, but Republicans are standing in the way. WATCH pic.twitter.com/y1HqG9IaG6
    — Simon Ateba (@simonateba) January 2, 2024

Here's a Chaser to Go With Karine Jean-Pierre's Claim Biden's Doing All He Can to Secure the Border
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/01/03/heres-a-chaser-to-go-with-karine-jean-pierres-claim-bidens-doing-all-he-can-to-secure-the-border-n2391341

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2024, 05:06:20 PM »
And on that note Mayorkas blames Texas

"Let me identify one fundamental problem here, and that is the fact that we have one governor in the state of Texas who is refusing to cooperate with other governors and other local officials," Mayorkas said Wednesday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." 

Emphasizing the need for the country to "stand united" on immigration, Mayorkas said that "it's a remarkable failure of governance to refuse to cooperate with one's fellow local and state officials."

DHS chief Mayorkas calls out Texas for 'failure of governance' amid illegal immigrant crisis and impeachment
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-chief-mayorkas-calls-texas-failure-governance-illegal-immigrant-crisis-impeachment

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #262 on: January 04, 2024, 04:13:20 PM »
Chicago mayor suing bus companies

Chicago mayor launches lawsuits against companies transporting 'rogue buses' of migrants to city
https://www.foxnews.com/media/chicago-mayor-launches-lawsuits-companies-transporting-rogue-buses-migrants

And here comes Mayor Adams

NYC Mayor Adams sues Texas bus companies for transporting migrants to sanctuary city, seeks $700 million
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-mayor-adams-sues-texas-bus-companies-for-transporting-migrants-sanctuary-city-seeks-700-million

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2024, 03:02:57 PM »
White Liberal In New York Quietly Removes ‘All Are Welcome Here’ Sign
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-liberal-in-new-york-quietly-removes-all-are-welcome-here-sign
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2024, 03:38:37 PM »
Who are you going to believe, the narrative or your lying eyes? The border is secure!

Dan Goldman's FACE While Calling Southern Border Secure Shows Even HE Doesn't Believe His Own BS (Watch)
https://twitter.com/ProudElephantUS/status/1747993580944109600
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 04:00:42 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2024, 03:59:51 PM »
Did CATO Institute go blue pill? I thought they were staunchly libertarian? Or maybe the libertarians are doing a "no borders" thing now?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1747692994487038432

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/01/18/light-him-up-anna-paulina-luna-blasts-catos-david-bier-for-laughing-about-child-trafficking-n2391860

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2024, 04:05:06 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2024, 07:11:12 PM »
Or maybe the libertarians are doing a "no borders" thing now?

Libertarians have advocated unlimited immigration as long as I can recall, among other destructive ideas.  Libertarians are not conservatives.  Like the left, they have little respect for the law or traditional mores.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM »
Libertarians have advocated unlimited immigration as long as I can recall, among other destructive ideas.  Libertarians are not conservatives.  Like the left, they have little respect for the law or traditional mores.

[Looks at US Justice department, police bodycam videos, and large city DA's]

Yeah, that checks out.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2024, 08:09:51 AM »
The next time any of you flies, tell TSA that you don't have ID and to let you on the plane anyway. If I were a terrorist, I'd just give some "asylum seeker" $1000 to tell me their Alien ID number, then freely travel around the country.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/01/18/illegals-can-opt-out-of-having-their-photo-taken-by-tsa-at-the-airport-n2391911

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2024, 08:14:34 AM »
The next time any of you flies, tell TSA that you don't have ID and to let you on the plane anyway. If I were a terrorist, I'd just give some "asylum seeker" $1000 to tell me their Alien ID number, then freely travel around the country.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/01/18/illegals-can-opt-out-of-having-their-photo-taken-by-tsa-at-the-airport-n2391911

Saw that and this was my reaction  :facepalm:

In the comments

I think the trifecta would be identifying as an overweight, trans migrant.

- No I.D. required
- Mandatory upgrade to 1st class
- Extra seat provided at no cost.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2024, 07:54:22 AM »
Interesting footnote on our divided politics: I ran into two separate threads on reddit where the OP included a photo or video, zoomed in, on a Texas "border crossing" that was empty. No migrants, no LE. The OPs claimed that this was the way the entire Texas border looked - that there were no migrants "pouring in". They had thousands of replies agreeing that the migrant crisis is fake news constructed by the Trumpers.

Nevermind the government's own monthly reports, I guess.  ;/

Pb

• friend
« Reply #272 on: January 29, 2024, 10:06:29 AM »
[Looks at US Justice department, police bodycam videos, and large city DA's]

Yeah, that checks out.

Very true.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2024, 10:29:31 AM »
"where the OP included a photo or video, zoomed in, on a Texas "border crossing" that was empty."

All that means is that Greg Abbot has been VERY effective at bussing them to Chicago.   >:D
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #274 on: January 30, 2024, 04:56:08 PM »
If Trump promises "alligator moats", I will vote for him.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1752370592131461338