Author Topic: Payback period on hybrid cars  (Read 9245 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Payback period on hybrid cars
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
If you want to "save the environment", then keep the car you have till it drops.

My 1976 C-20 is so Green  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 11:15:12 PM »
If you want to "save the environment", then keep the car you have till it drops.

NO! I must have a new car every 2-4 years! It's the American way, dammit! I'm entitled to it! I'll be unfashionable if I don't have shiny shiny paint parked in the driveway and a payment hanging over my head every month for the rest of my life!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 01:12:53 AM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Anyone that think hybid cars are good for the environment failed thermodynamics.

On the economic side, as far as long term strategy goes, It is time to kill the electric car, drive a stake through its heart, and burn the corpse.

Bring on birdman's plan of synthetic methanol and dimethylether to replace gasoline and diesel and be done with the hybrid nonsense.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Anyone that think hybid cars are good for the environment failed thermodynamics.

On the economic side, as far as long term strategy goes, It is time to kill the electric car, drive a stake through its heart, and burn the corpse.

Bring on birdman's plan of synthetic methanol and dimethylether to replace gasoline and diesel and be done with the hybrid nonsense.

And another has seen the light!  Hallelujah brothers!

You wouldn't happen to own like a major TV network or have a few billion lying around would you?

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 08:10:04 AM »
And another has seen the light!  Hallelujah brothers!

You wouldn't happen to own like a major TV network or have a few billion lying around would you?

Count me in that group too...

I used to think going Fischer-Tropsch all the way to neat gasolines and diesels was the way to go. The more I study methanol, the more it seems to be a short cut to the same liquid fuel goal with very few drawbacks and a lot of cost reduction.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
So, you guys are saying that payback is a beotch?

Whodathunk it?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:18 AM »
The whole "green notion" is kinda warped. I still have my 1992 Camry. It's a 4 cyl. 5 speed manual that gets about 35 mpg. It was cheap in 92 and has been payed off since 97. Probably put a few grand in it over 20 years for repairs and routine maintenance. Has 200k on it and still going strong. Simple is always better.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
The whole "green notion" is kinda warped.

Ya think? These people are *expletive deleted*ing psycho and make cults like the Jonestown folks look normal.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!