Author Topic: The Ready for Hillary bumper sticker  (Read 8218 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The Ready for Hillary bumper sticker
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
I've seen a couple of these now. Seems awfully early for a presidential campaign sticker. At first, I thought it was just someone claiming they were ready for the "inevitable" "progress" to a female president. Then I began to wonder if it was just a sign of Obama's early-onset lame-duckness.

Anybody else seeing these around?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: The Ready for Hillary bumper sticker
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
 [barf]   God, please please please please KEEP THESE ABOMINATIONS AWAY FROM MY EYES!!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 10:40:40 PM »
Haven't seen any yet, but expect them in the near future.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »
I haven't seen them, but parodies are already springing to mind.   =D
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 01:55:15 AM »
"Run, Hillary, run!" should be mounted on the front bumper.

What really scares me are the "Hillary - Michelle 2016" bumper stickers.  I have seen them.  [barf]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 02:16:22 AM »

What really scares me are the "Hillary - Michelle 2016" bumper stickers.  I have seen them.  [barf]

stay safe.

Or dear God, Michelle/Hillary...the thought did not cross my mind until this thread, but I could see the Obama cultists running Michelle so they can have the first black woman president and 8 more years of an Obama presidency...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 08:27:36 AM »
This kind of crap convinces me that the Republicans need to run a woman in 2016.

Take away the "HISTORIC FIRST!!11!!" draw that already cost this country 8 years of malaise (or a "Lost Decade" like Japan's that has been going on for almost 2 decades now).

And, yes, I hate identity politics. Quite clearly it works, though. I'd prefer to see the country have a chance to recover rather than see it die before my children are even of age.

However, "...if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace." But, my preference is not to have the "troubles" in the first place.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 09:27:36 AM »
This kind of crap convinces me that the Republicans need to run a woman in 2016.

Take away the "HISTORIC FIRST!!11!!" draw that already cost this country 8 years of malaise (or a "Lost Decade" like Japan's that has been going on for almost 2 decades now).

And, yes, I hate identity politics. Quite clearly it works, though. I'd prefer to see the country have a chance to recover rather than see it die before my children are even of age.

However, "...if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace." But, my preference is not to have the "troubles" in the first place.

Republicans can't win at the identity politics game. As much as I've been bashing them lately, I concede that this is through no fault of their own. They could nominate the most qualified person in the world who happened to be [insert color, gender, whatever, here] and the Progressive media machine will rip the party to shreds for using [insert color, gender, whatever, here] for political goals, and the nominees would simply be Uncle Toms, or their equivalent.

As for Michelle Obama, that's one where I'll bet my life savings that it will never happen. Obama's own people keep her and her abrasive mouth in the background for a reason.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
Nikki Haley and Allen West? Ought to melt MSNBC down.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 08:22:57 PM »

What really scares me are the "Hillary - Michelle 2016" bumper stickers.  I have seen them.  [barf]

stay safe.

I can't see either one of them accepting 2nd seat.

As for who comes next, I just can't see the Rs coming up with a winner. My current prediction is Christie on the R side of the ballot come election day.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:33:09 PM »

As for Michelle Obama, that's one where I'll bet my life savings that it will never happen. Obama's own people keep her and her abrasive mouth in the background for a reason.

Throw me in THAT briar patch  :cool:  Don't think we're that lucky though.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »
There was an Ad on pogo.com for "ready for hillary."  Sign up and add your name.  I did:

Vince Foster
zip
fake email.

=D
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »
I've seen several of the Ready for Hillary stickers and several "I love Obamacare" stickers...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 06:00:33 AM »
I've seen several of the Ready for Hillary stickers and several "I love Obamacare" stickers...
I bet the idiots with I love Obamacare aren't even enrolled in it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »
I bet the idiots with I love Obamacare aren't even enrolled in it.

Or are signed up for Medicaid.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 10:46:43 AM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TechMan

• Administrator
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
Fat chance.

The Paulinestas will kill the chance.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »
The Paulinestas will kill the chance.

Yep and the general apathy of the majority of American voters.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:01 PM »
Yep and the general apathy of the majority of American voters.

Not to mention the specific unsuitability of Mr. Paul. Gee, I hope we can have this argument for the next fifteen campaign cycles. It's great! ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife