Author Topic: A Twofer In (and near) Atlanta  (Read 1346 times)

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
A Twofer In (and near) Atlanta
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:32:26 PM »
I'm glad I bookmarked this, I meant to post it here on Sunday when I first read it. Better late than never, especially with such a heartwarming tale.

Fight back. Never be a willing victim. H'ray for my homefolks!

Two crime victims kill their attackers in metro Atlanta

By RALPH ELLIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Sunday, February 08, 2009

Two crime victims in metro Atlanta fought back on Saturday and killed their attackers, authorities reported.

In Cobb County, police said a man shot in his own garage grabbed the would-be robber’s gun and shot and killed the man.

In Atlanta, police said a woman fatally stabbed a home-invasion robbery suspect who broke into her apartment while her 11-year-old child slept.

No charges have been filed in either case.

Cobb police spokesman Sgt. Dana Pierce said Richard Ellis, 38, of Cauthen Court in Marietta was getting out of his car in his garage late Saturday night when he was approached by a man with a handgun. The man demanded money from Ellis and shot him in the leg, police said. Pierce said the incident was not a random crime and that the two men had “previous contact” in the past.

“Within moments of being shot and while the male is briefly distracted, Ellis grabbed the gun and a fight ensued in the driveway of the residence over control of it,” Pierce said. “Detectives believe that Ellis was eventually able to wrestle the weapon away from the male before shooting him twice with it.”

The wounded man, identified as John Harrison, 33, of Palmetto, ran to the front porch of a nearby house and collapsed, Pierce said. Harrison was taken to Wellstar Kennestone Hospital but died of his injuries. Ellis was treated at the hospital for his wound and released.

In Atlanta, police said a home invasion suspect was killed by his would-be victim.

Authorities said the resident, whose 11-year-old child was asleep inside the apartment, stabbed the suspect after he burst into the home shortly after 3 a.m. Saturday.

Police said when he made a few sudden movements toward the woman, she stabbed him in the chest.

The suspect was identified as 34-year-old Jerome Davis of Atlanta. Authorities did not identify the woman and did not charge her in the man’s death.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: A Twofer In (and near) Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 06:12:30 AM »
I like news stories with happy endings.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
In Cobb County, police said a man shot in his own garage grabbed the would-be robber’s gun and shot and killed the man.

<sarcasm>NO WAY!  :O That cannot be right. Only the bad guy can take away a gun and use it on his victim.

The victim taking away the bad guy's gun and using it on him. <shakes head in wonderment>

No - that just can't be right. </sarcasm>
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »
The fact that they had previous dealings and the demand for money tell me there is more to the story.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »

The fact that they had previous dealings and the demand for money tell me there is more to the story.

There is, yes, but the local newsies have only mentioned it in passing since Sunday. There're also rumbles about the other case, that there was some prior history between the man and woman. Again, merest mention by news types so far.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.