Author Topic: Walking dead season 3 finale (spoilers)  (Read 4198 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Walking dead season 3 finale (spoilers)
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »
What did everyone think?
And were did the governor and his 2 cronies go?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:59:25 PM by Ben »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HankB

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 3 finale
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:28:22 PM »
1. Almost NOBODY from the Woodbury Army on the road had a gun to defend themselves against the Gov.? And the one of them who did, with a bead on the Gov., simply LET the Gov. shoot him in the head?  :facepalm:

2. Andrea "knew where the safety is" on Rick's revolver . . . I'd like to talk to her, so she could show me the revolver's safety.  :facepalm:

3. Andrea spent more time talking to Milton as he bled out than she did trying to free herself. Predictable result.  :facepalm:

4. Food & supplies will be a problem with all those new mouths to feed at the prison.

5. Carl is very cold . . . but he took some lessons from Rick's prior mistakes, mistakes that Rick should recognize and not repeat. Problem is, being a kid, Carl isn't as discriminating as he ought to be in applying those lessons. Tonight, he killed a guy from the Woodbury army . . . tomorrow (i.e., next season) I expect he'll pose a problem in some way.

6. Rick's "Laurie" hallucinations may be at an end.

7. Curious as to how Michonne keeps her katana sharp . . . there's an art to properly sharpening Japanese blades of that type.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »
On #3, I was waiting for her to ask him if he wanted tea and crumpets she was talking so long.

On #2, she screwed that up to, if you heard the ejected casing hit the ground.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Walking dead season 3 finale (spoilers)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »
Also, I added "spoilers" to the subject line so people on the DVR schedule don't have it ruined.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 02:55:00 AM »

1. Almost NOBODY from the Woodbury Army on the road had a gun to defend themselves against the Gov.? And the one of them who did, with a bead on the Gov., simply LET the Gov. shoot him in the head?  :facepalm:
"he who hesitates is lost"

2. Andrea "knew where the safety is" on Rick's revolver . . . I'd like to talk to her, so she could show me the revolver's safety.  :facepalm:

it looked like a 1911 to me, I don't think he handed her the python- also the line is from the first season when they first met she was pointing a gun at him and after they became friendly he pointed out the safety was on

3. Andrea spent more time talking to Milton as he bled out than she did trying to free herself. Predictable result.  :facepalm:
that had me screaming SHUT UP AND USE THOSE PLIERS!!

4. Food & supplies will be a problem with all those new mouths to feed at the prison.
yup, raid woodbury?
5. Carl is very cold . . . but he took some lessons from Rick's prior mistakes, mistakes that Rick should recognize and not repeat. Problem is, being a kid, Carl isn't as discriminating as he ought to be in applying those lessons. Tonight, he killed a guy from the Woodbury army . . . tomorrow (i.e., next season) I expect he'll pose a problem in some way.
That guy looked suspicious to me, he was told to drop his gun and instead tried to hand it to carl, if you recall Rick played that trick on Shane...here take my gun

6. Rick's "Laurie" hallucinations may be at an end.

7. Curious as to how Michonne keeps her katana sharp . . . there's an art to properly sharpening Japanese blades of that type.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »
I think the blade keeps itself sharp, being afraid of Michonne's empty stare.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 09:53:39 AM »
"Andrea "knew where the safety is" on Rick's revolver . . . I'd like to talk to her, so she could show me the revolver's safety."

That wasn't a literal statement - it's an inside joke between the two that goes back to when Rick first met Andrea in the department store in downtown Atlanta, IIRC.

She had the safety on on her gun and didn't realize it until Rick pointed it out.

Then, later, when the camp was attacked and Amy was killed, Andrea was holding vigil over Amy. Rick walked over to them to try to convince her to let the group deal with Amy.

Andrea stuck her pistol (It was a Smith & Wesson semi-auto) in his face and made the same comment about the safety.

The shell casing hitting the floor? Yeah, that was sloppy.

"Curious as to how Michonne keeps her katana sharp . . . there's an art to properly sharpening Japanese blades of that type."

More properly, there's an art to sharpening them the Japanese way.

Otherwise, they can be sharpened whatever way you want, even with a dremel.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 10:02:28 AM »
Oh, and just so we're clear...

No one is blaming Andrea for dropping a shell casing from Rick's Python, correct?

As in, "that stupid bitch, I knew she'd *expletive deleted*ck up killing herself! She's such a brain-dead lump of useless zombie *expletive deleted*it she can't even get that right!"

Right?

How about bitching at the sound editor? Or the continuity director?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:08:29 AM »
Although I doubt it was wholly by design, but the Woodbury residents were pretty complacent.  They are used to strutting around without weapons, and generally kept disarmed by the governor.  It would make sense then that when they dismount to argue with him, they are mostly disarmed. They don't see every dark corner as a threat.

I loved the catacomb ambush.  Surprised that there wasn't some friendly fire in there.

I will be wholly disappointed if Rick doesn't make use of all the items left behind by the governor's dead crew.  There was a lot of firepower.  Two deuce and a halves.  Fifty cal's.  The disabled hummer's tires could be repaired or replaced. 

And ransacking woodbury only makes sense. 

Next, I would find a way to seal off the prison, clean out all the walkers, and reclaim the outer perimeter.

I would use the upturned bus as a barricade for the main gate.  Flip it back over.  Reclaim the inner perimeter of the prison.

Michone's spike strips work brilliantly.  I'd place them outside the perimeter to prevent high speed drive ups.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
. . . No one is blaming Andrea for dropping a shell casing from Rick's Python, correct?  . . .
The real problem is that %$#!* Laurie, whose ghost keeps messing up Rick's judgement. Even, dead, that rotten, stupid %$#!* is still causing problems.

(There . . . happy now?)

;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »
"Laurie, whose ghost keeps messing up Rick's judgement."

Really? It was Laurie's ghost who made Rick change his mind about turning Michonne over to the Gub.

We all know how that would have turned out.

Rick: "Gub, here's the individual you want to torture."

Gub: "Thanks, Rick. And now I have something for you."

Rick: "What's that?"

Gub: "AN AMBUSH WITH GAPING HEAD WOUNDS! DIE! DIE! DIE!"

Since TWD started, I've read a lot of boards about the show, and there's a very strong theme that runs through most, if not all of them (including here at times)...

Rules for a post apocalyptic world:

1. The Zombie world is a man's world, and should be treated as such.

2. Anything with a vagina should be fed to male walkers, because it's a violation of Rule 1.

3. Any man who shows the slightest interest in a woman (Glen) should be fed to male walkers because he's obviously growing a vagina.

4. Rick should have been fed to walkers because he consorted with the all-encompassing evil woman character, but he turned his back on her, so he redeemed himself.

5. Carl gets a total survival pass because he shot that all-encompassing evil woman character in the head.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:26:48 AM by Mike Irwin »

birdman

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
Carl is growing into a nice little psycho.  Amazing how fast they grow up.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »
Carl is growing into a nice little psycho.  Amazing how fast they grow up.
Carl should be ready to shoot up a grade school by next season. ;/
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »
well, just rewatched the episode, yup, she had the python. :facepalm:
The safety comment I can accept because its an inside joke.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 03:52:45 AM »
Just watched it to cap off a 6-episode marathon.

I agree with all the above stupidness, except the casing thing.  To me it sounded more like the python clattering to the floor than a casing.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »
Nah. It was a shell casing sound -- a ting ting ting!

A gun hitting the floor would cause a clacking sound.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »
Carl should be ready to shoot up a grade school by next season. ;/
If you think today's youth pose problems, consider the students of Carl's world . . .

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
Nah. It was a shell casing sound -- a ting ting ting!

A gun hitting the floor would cause a clacking sound.

yup, & I do not think Michonne had a gun with her to do the coup de grace ( however you spell it )

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 03:59:59 PM »
yup, & I do not think Michonne had a gun with her to do the coup de grace ( however you spell it )

It was too long after the shot to be a casing, unless it flew 15 feet in the air.  Also, it sounded more like a clatter.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 12:06:20 AM »
FWIW, sounded like a gun hitting the floor to me too.

Wonder what they're planning for next season, what with Rick basically saying they're going to start voting on the actions they'll be taking.  Going to set up an elected .gov?

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 12:18:33 AM »
Both theories are correct. There is the sound of the case hitting the floor first, then the clacking of the gun.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 04:36:25 AM »
No doubt sound editing crews can be real doofi.  That is proven every day in Hollyweird.  Remember though, she was still wearing the remains of the handcuffs.  Those bits can clink and clank when they hit the floor.  I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, here.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:43:11 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 06:12:54 AM »
They probably used a stock "suicide gunshot" track and didn't realize the extra sounds did not apply.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:05 AM »
I just hope Rick gets that Python back.  It's a part of his image.

Plus, it's cool to see how the kids in my son's Scout troop have developed an interest in revolvers because of that Python.  Nice to spread appreciation for classic firearms to another generation where polymer framed autos dominate their impressions of firearms.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »
I just hope Rick gets that Python back.  It's a part of his image.

Plus, it's cool to see how the kids in my son's Scout troop have developed an interest in revolvers because of that Python.  Nice to spread appreciation for classic firearms to another generation where polymer framed autos dominate their impressions of firearms.
Hope they don't think holding a .357 with a bent, unlocked wrist (the way Rick usually does) is proper technique . . .