Author Topic: Well, that's a little extreme.  (Read 753 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Well, that's a little extreme.
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:39:24 PM »
Moving a tree.
Kind of impressive operation but I think they would have been better off waiting till the tree was in a dormant stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=BFTj0hM3DHM
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Well, that's a little extreme.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
I think they needed more horse power. Thats a lot of spinning tracks.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »
Was I the only person who thought "worlds largest bonzai tree" when it was sitting there in its over-sized planter?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »
I'm surprised the root box wasn't larger. I was always taught that the spread of the roots is equal in size to the spread of the branches. And that box wasn't really all that deep -- they had to have cut off the tap root. I seriously wonder how long that tree is going to live.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »
Cool video, thanks for sharing!!!!

More power will make track spin worse. Wider tracks or heavier equipment reduces track slipping.

They are using some heavy iron, probably the biggest they could get on site. The next bigger sizes, are more typical for quarry and mining.

Excavators
349E - very new design, 49ton machine, 13L, inline 6 engine, - very likely one of the new EPA Tier 4 Interim emissions engines
345C - 45-49ton machine, 13L, inline 6,
345D - 45-49ton machine, 13L, inline 6,

Track Type Tractors
D8T - ~43ton machine, 15L, inline 6,
D7E - ~29ton machine, 9.3L, inline 6 - This is one of Cat's revolutionary new designs, diesel over electric tractor.

I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!