Author Topic: RIP Larry Hagman  (Read 872 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
RIP Larry Hagman
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: RIP Larry Hagman
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:28:33 AM »
"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this, Hagman was a fine talented actor.
I wonder what the producers of the TNT iteration of DALLAS will do now?  Continue on and write Hagman's passing into the script as the original producers did with Jim Davis/Jock Ewing thirty years ago ... or what?  There's almost really no point to a DALLAS without a J.R..
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
In one news story, they reported that co-stars Linda Grey & Patrick Duffy were at his bedside when he passed......classy....

:'(
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »
Rest peacefully Tony Nelson.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »
His best acting, IMHO, was in the film The Eagle Has Landed.  He played an overage National Guard officer leading a unit to engage a crack German infiltration team in England.  Not a big role, but superbly played.  RIP.

Salacious thought (and one that might make him look down and chuckle).  Wonder if he and Barbara Eden (yum!) ever had a thing going?
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »
Rest in Peace JR.  Used to drop by the Ewing Ranch house on my bike... never once ran into JR, but I was hoping.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
.....Salacious thought (and one that might make him look down and chuckle).  Wonder if he and Barbara Eden (yum!) ever had a thing going?

From what I understand, while he was filming I DREAM OF JEANNIE Larry Hagman was going through a rough period and basically was....let's say, "really hard to get along with," so I would guess, "no."  Anyway IIRC Barbara Eden was married to actor Michael Ansara at the time.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero