60-69
8 (7.9%)
I knew Noah when he was a kid
1 (1%)
Younger than Tallpine's beard
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: February 07, 2013, 11:46:27 AM

Author Topic: How old are we?  (Read 13261 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: How old are we?
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:40 PM »
PU-lease!

The lot of you could WISH you had such a wonderful person as myself for a daughter.

My daughter is a little older than you. But you have a job.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »

Born a couple of centuries too late.

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »
Oh, yeah.

I started quoting Monty Python and the Holy Grail the other day, and our receptionist (every year we get a HS senior on a work program) had no clue what it was.

<shakes head sadly>

That's sad.  
My daughter thinks Monty Python is hilarious and sings along with "Camelot" form Holy Grail.
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2013, 10:18:18 PM »

That's sad.  

My daughter thinks Monty Python is hilarious and sings along with "Camelot" form Holy Grail.

My oldest daughter saw The Dark Crystal when it was still in theaters, Secret of NIMH when it was still new, and Princess Bride when it was still new.  Quotes them all.  Loves Monty Python and used to like Benny Hill.

In fact all of my kids quote Princess Bride, have some Monty Python familiarity, and pretty much all of us riff off of Eddie Izzard.  Like you do.

Sadly, none of them can quote Firefly.

I guess my job's not done yet.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »
My oldest daughter saw The Dark Crystal when it was still in theaters, Secret of NIMH when it was still new, and Princess Bride when it was still new.  Quotes them all.  Loves Monty Python and used to like Benny Hill.

In fact all of my kids quote Princess Bride, have some Monty Python familiarity, and pretty much all of us riff off of Eddie Izzard.  Like you do.

*scratches head* I think my dad might have been a little confused as to the proper movie going experiance for a child.
Because I didn't get most of that till I was picking my own movies, and I was praised for quoting Die Hard and The Last Boyscout...

:facepalm:

"Where you calling from, Milo? The bottem of the pool?"

=D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2013, 10:33:17 PM »

Goober has seen those three, too, but loves The Dark Crystal and Princess Bride.  She's starting to take after me (poor kid) and comparing the special effects between those movies and movies today.  I have a future techie on my hands.  Oh darn, someone to play with soundboards with me. 
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?